Recent content by slapstep

  1. slapstep

    THR Buttock pain

    Hey all, I has a RTHR back in 2015 and couldn’t be happier with everything from surgeon selection to recovery to getting on with life. I have enjoyed the past 7 years pain free on the right side. I was told by my surgeon back in 2015 that my left will most likely need to be replaced within the...
  2. slapstep

    THR Slapstep made it!

    All right y'all. Monday, November 9 is the three week mark. I am extremely satisfied with my recovery so far. I have been basically lying around the house watching a lot of TV, eating everything in sight and squeezing in some physical therapy and walks up and down the street a few times a day...
  3. slapstep

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    I was shocked that I had lost a few because all I have been doing since surgery is eating everything in site with no stone left unturned. Feeding the new hip I guess. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. slapstep

    post-op personal cleaning

    The hospital gave me a sponge on a stick. I didn't shower for the first week after my surgery but to clean up I would spread towels all around the bathroom floor and just make a giant soapy wet mess to clean myself. I washed my hair and face and head and all that in the kitchen sink. Lots of...
  5. slapstep

    THR Slapstep made it!

    True that. Wake up. Watch tv for three hours. Take a nap. Repeat. Oh yea and all the other recovery stuff mixed in. Thanks @Southernbelle right back at-cha. Best of luck with your recovery. Pete Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. slapstep

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Another awesome report. Great job. My wife veto'd the grocery store/bank/post office trip with my driver. I guess I'm stuck at home for now. You and @Just4mules both had two week follow ups. Mine is three weeks. No problem. I can wait. Great report though. Take care. Pete Sent from my iPhone...
  7. slapstep

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Great report. You'll be saddling up in no time. Your fortunate to have the freedom of not being on the narcotics. That's great. Pete Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. slapstep

    THR Slapstep made it!

    Thanks Jenny and all y'all. More of the same here. Carrying on with PT, hobbling around the house. Not driving. Still have log leg but every day it is very slightly improved. Walking up and down the street maybe 10 minutes a few times a day with both crutches. Taking this recovery slowly. Don't...
  9. slapstep

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    7 days out. Anterior RTHR 14 days out 21 days out.
  10. slapstep

    THR Slapstep made it!

    I am on the 325 mg aspirin two times a day also. That was the only medication that was a requirement everything else I was told could be adjusted changed or switched out to something different if need be. When I requested ibuprofen from my doctor it was not a problem he even offered to phone in...
  11. slapstep

    THR Slapstep made it!

    Day eight. The past few days have really been more of the same for me. I haven't done much of anything out of the ordinary. Doing some laundry here and their, meal preparation here in there, puttering about the house and so forth. I was able to get my first view of the incision. Metal staples...
  12. slapstep

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    I m glad you posted that you are doing better because I was beginning to worry. Bummer bump in the road but now you can reset and carry on with a healthy recovery. Take care. Pete Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. slapstep

    THR Slapstep made it!

    Day 5. I was little too busy in the kitchen last night and got a reprimand from the wife and son. They told me to take a seat and start being a better patient. It's hard for me to sit by and have others do for me so I am working on it. I really don't have anything to report. Pain is a one or...
  14. slapstep

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    I like it "Pretty uneventful night." That's great. That's the goal me thinks. Hopefully tonight will be the same. Take care. Pete Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. slapstep

    THR Here we go again...Hip #2 Recovery

    Sounds great. Slow and steady wins the race. I've a few of those jittery episodes with the oxy also. I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Mostly I just get itchy from it though. Take care. Pete Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom