Guest viewing is limited

THR Slapstep made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news @slapstep! Reading about your medication change, I am jealous that you can take ibuprofen. I am on aspirin for 30 days so my OS does not want me to take anything other than the prescribed tramadol, oxy and Tylenol . I suspect that ibuprofen or naproxen would work better on the deep ache in my thigh, but I am sure this will pass too. Sounds like you are happy with your progress, and are being patient about the whole process!

Julie


Just4mules (Julie)
October 20, 2015 LTHR
 
I am on the 325 mg aspirin two times a day also. That was the only medication that was a requirement everything else I was told could be adjusted changed or switched out to something different if need be. When I requested ibuprofen from my doctor it was not a problem he even offered to phone in a prescription for a stronger version. Log leg appears to be slightly improved today so that's good.

Pete


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Jenny and all y'all.

More of the same here. Carrying on with PT, hobbling around the house. Not driving. Still have log leg but every day it is very slightly improved. Walking up and down the street maybe 10 minutes a few times a day with both crutches. Taking this recovery slowly. Don't want to blow it. I find myself playing "where the heck is my crutch" quite a bit. I was reminded to play after trying to step over my Welsh Corgi, Ricky. He loves to stay in the direct line of traffic. Keeping up with meds and little to no pain. Always a one or less. Even pre-op I had very little pain. Just crackling and crunching. On season four of The Wire. No Grey's Anatomy last night. That was supposed to be the highlight of my week.

Anyway. Thanks to BS and all the members offering support and info.

Pete
 
Hi Pete,
Just wanted to say 'hello from a fellow North Carolinian'! Had my surgery just 2 days ago and your journey during the beginning of this adventure is so encouraging! I'm from Charlotte, Dr. Mason at Orthhcarolina did my anterior procedure. My 33-yr.-old son is with me to help in any way he can, and he's been wonderful. I hope your recovery continues to go so well! All the best, Debra
 
You are doing great @slapstep! Sorta seems "old hat" by now doesn't it? :ice:
True that. Wake up. Watch tv for three hours. Take a nap. Repeat. Oh yea and all the other recovery stuff mixed in.

Thanks @Southernbelle right back at-cha. Best of luck with your recovery.

Pete



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
All right y'all. Monday, November 9 is the three week mark. I am extremely satisfied with my recovery so far. I have been basically lying around the house watching a lot of TV, eating everything in sight and squeezing in some physical therapy and walks up and down the street a few times a day. Most of the swelling is gone & my pain level is a one or less. I have been off of oxycodone for two weeks and off of morphine for one week. Now just some occasional Tylenol typically late in the day. Friday 11/06 I had my follow-up visit with my surgeon who informed me that everything looks good & has given me the green light for driving next week. My next follow-up will be in early December. I'll be headed back to work on Monday, November 23 for the three day short week. All in all a very uneventful recovery so far which is great.

Thanks again to BS- professional moderators and most awesome contributors readers. Just by reading the forum, so many questions are inadvertently answered before you knew to ask the question.

Take care all y'all. (I'm really a Yankee transplant but I love saying that)

Pete


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@slapstep, wow, cleared to drive already, that is awesome! Happy to hear you are having a relatively easy recovery with little to no pain - how great is that! It is smart to go back to work Thanksgiving week since it is a short week and you can kind of ease your way back into working. I am hoping to go back to work that week as well since my most recent surgery was my left, non-driving side, but we shall see about that at my post-op. Keep up the great recovery! :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom