Recent content by sinijoma

  1. sinijoma

    THR One week to go!

    @Jaycey. Thanks! People have commented on how they can see in my face how much the op has benefited me. It's a true blessing. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  2. sinijoma

    THR One week to go!

    Yesterday I had my (almost) six week check-up with the OS. He was very happy with the x-rays and my walking, so much so that he said he doesn't need to see me for a year, unless I have any concerns or issues, of course. So I'm really feeling grateful, especially since tomorrow is Thanksgiving...
  3. sinijoma

    THR Up, up & away!'

    Crutches, ugh, haven't seen them used either, walker to s cane seems the norm in Seattle! Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  4. sinijoma

    THR On the other side!

    I had the low blood pressure issue also. I tried to drink as much water as I could. After a couple of days at home still with very low BP (60/40 at times) I emailed my primary care physician and dropped one of the medications I take daily for hypertension. That has done the trick! I'm still...
  5. sinijoma

    THR One week to go!

    I feel very fortunate with my surgery and recovery. Great surgeon and I think I was in good shape before surgery which helped. Great help at home from my wonderful husband. Great support from BoneSmart. Only regrets are that I put myself through a few more years of pain before finally accepting...
  6. sinijoma

    THR One week to go!

    I just got home from my second PT appointment. When I walked in, the therapist's jaw dropped! He then said "Why are you here?" I guess my recovery has been quicker than most. Anyway, he basically said that I don't need any more PT and to save the co-pays. Sent from my iPhone using broken...
  7. sinijoma

    THR One week to go!

    Well, I just got home from my 2 week follow-up. All is well, the scar was revealed to me, it's 3 1/4" long and looks good. No staples or sutures to be removed as it was closed with surgical glue. Felt so good afterwards that we did a Costco shop followed by the library. Time now for some...
  8. sinijoma

    THR I appreciate my new hip

    I'm also a Seattlite, 2 weeks out today! Off in a few hours for my first post-op appointment. Also anterior approach, was walking with one stick 3 days after surgery then no aids except for safety when I'm outside. Went shopping on 5th post-op day. Had my first physical therapy session one week...
  9. sinijoma

    2nd THR: Question about fixing LLD

    @Tiffany57. I had spinal and sedation, surgery started at 7:30 AM and I was on my feet walking the halls at 1:30. PM. By the time I was in my room after leaving post-op recovery, the spinal had completely worn off. No nausea. I did have some episodes of low blood pressure though. Sent from...
  10. sinijoma

    THR One week to go!

    @julesglass Dinner sounds yummy! We're eating meals I cooked and froze in the weeks leading up to my surgery. I had reconstructive surgery on my dominant thumb/wrist six months ago and couldn't use that hand for at least 2 months, so I was well-prepared for this go-around. Actually, it's been a...
  11. sinijoma

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva I'm on 325 mg twice a day. I usually take 81 mg once daily for heart health; obviously I'm not taking that at the moment. I have my first post-op OS appointment on Friday and I'm going to discuss reducing the dose then. It's hard enough to get the BP meds balanced without the added...
  12. sinijoma

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    I have been having a similar issue, my blood pressure is still low from surgery on 10/14. I try to keep well-hydrated and stand up slowly, but I still get sudden drops. I emailed my primary care physician and I'm stopping one of my blood pressure meds and monitoring my BP regularly. I'm also...
  13. sinijoma

    Thinking about backing out at last minute for direct superior - time urgency

    Not everyone would agree with me but I had the direct anterior approach last Friday and I'm walking without a limp and without aids. I'm 74 and walk and hike, not as much as you, certainly, but I'm fit for my age and considering I've had osteoarthritis for many years. Once I finally accepted...
  14. sinijoma

    My Story...sounds much like yours...then..

    The only purchases I made prior to surgery on 10/14 were two x-large gel-filled ice pads from Amazon, (as per this article Ice to control pain and swelling) and a walker for $7.99 from Goodwill. I used it twice and it's going right back to them for the next hippie! I already owned collapsible...
  15. sinijoma

    THR Hip replaced ... HELP !!!<

    @Fuzzie I was dreading having staples as I'd heard that having them out hurt, plus I just didn't like the idea of someone stapling my flesh!! I had mentioned that briefly to the OS on my first visit with him and he did say he usually uses staples. Anyway I didn't give it another thought until...
Back
Top Bottom