Recent content by Sidelined

  1. S

    Jojo9610's Nov 23rd Pre-Op

    jojo, I am scheduled for your same day...and of all things, in my rpre op they found a UTI. I never had one before. they gave me antibiotics and said they didn't need to see me again. At my final pre op with surgeon today, he didn't express a need to get me tested. But now I am nervous and...
  2. S

    November 23 bilateral - 16 days and counting!

    Thank you, Celle, I appreciate it. I did read through them, too, but a refresher handy on my own thread is always useful I would love to hear about the need for a revision on your R PKR. Should I find a thread by you?
  3. S

    November 23 bilateral - 16 days and counting!

    Thank you everyone. I read most of the entire forum and the thing that really hit home was that I am not training for an athletic event but I am recovering from Major Surgery, and I am ready! THANK YOU, everyone!
  4. S

    2015 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    @Wantoskiagain Hello! I think we may live near each other. I am not sure. I work at the Westport Library. Are you near there?
  5. S

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Good Luck, Bonnie on your revision. I will be watching you....I read through lots of your posts and was so inspired that you were able to run again. Oh my...I haven't run for 16 years nor played tennis of thrown a football, or any of the things I loved to do. Tthe last two years I had to stop...
  6. S

    Amaryllis needs some answers

    @Celle, true about the PT... we followed our particular doctor's orders which is different for everyone. Thank you for clarifying.
  7. S

    Amaryllis needs some answers

    @Amaryllis756 Your surgery is coming up really soon. I don't know who is bringing you home from the hospital, but the ultimate, in my opinion, is that you will need someone to wait on you for the next 10 days. My husband has his surgery last November. He could get up and go to the bathroom...
  8. S

    Jojo9610's Nov 23rd Pre-Op

    @jojo9610, my husband stayed two nights for one knee last November; I don't know what I will do. at least three, but it depends on how I navigate stairs, etc. I am very fit, so I expect to go home...but if they feel I should go to a rehab, I will gladly go. They have a couple around this area...
  9. S

    BTKR Surgery date set. I have a few questions about stairs

    All of you are giving me confidence in getting my two knees replaced on November 23. I hope not to go to a rehab. I think I am strong. I have a recliner question. Don't you have to sleep with your legs straight. Can that be done with a regular recliner? How do you find where to rent a...
  10. S

    Jojo9610's Nov 23rd Pre-Op

    Hi Joan, we will have to compare notes...I am also getting TKR (bilateral) on November 23rd. Had my first anxiety dream. I dreamt that the doctor put the knees in backwards. The good news of that dream is that I was running after the doctor. I haven't been able to run for 16 years now! LOL!
  11. S

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Glad to hear your success. YES, keep us informed!!
  12. S

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    I am having my surgery on November 23. Both knees at the same time. I am starting to get nervous. I had a dream last night that the surgeon put the knees in backwards. I have already a lot of the posts including the ones on recliners. My question on recliners is this: do any of them allow...
Back
Top Bottom