Jojo9610's Nov 23rd Pre-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KarriB Thats a great idea about the video!!

@jojo9610 I had a hospital gown the first night but then changed into oversized sweatpants and a tee shirt. i brought a couple of changes with me. I also brought a pair of shorts in case I needed it since my surgery was in July.
 
I think people believe a TKR is equivalent to a broken bone and so don't understand the time element needed for recovery.
 
Your boss obviously has no idea what's involved in a total knee replacement. Suggest he watches the video. :heehee:
 
I definitely will show my bosses the photos. I know they don't have the patience to watch the videos. I know they mean well but they are clueless.
 
I woke up today feeling the familiar twinge of a UTI coming on so instead of trying to get in to see my PCP (sometimes it takes a couple of days) I decided to try the Dr. On Demand app by phone. You just Face Time with a Dr., tell them your symptoms and they call in your prescription. Very convenient.

By the time the pharmacy had called me that my scrip was ready my OS' office had called to tell me the results of my pre-op testing including the urinalysis. Yep, I have a UTI. They had also called in a scrip. Luckily they said as long as I take my antibiotics my surgery won't be cancelled.

I still have a lot to accomplish before my surgery. I was hoping to have a nice quiet weekend but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
 
I'm glad you caught it early so there's no cancellation.
 
After having the wait to have surgery I'm glad you were able to take care of the UTI so there's no delay. You've also taught me something. I have never heard of that app. Is that for all the US or is that just something local?
 
I hope your surgery goes as planned. I was very nervous that my surgery would get cancelled due to an injury or illness. Especially since my family was sick with bad colds.

I was able to get a lot of things done before my surgery. Arranging things, vehicle repairs, home repairs, etc. I did the things that I thought were most important and the rest of it can wait.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
 
jojo, I am scheduled for your same day...and of all things, in my rpre op they found a UTI. I never had one before. they gave me antibiotics and said they didn't need to see me again. At my final pre op with surgeon today, he didn't express a need to get me tested. But now I am nervous and wonder if I should go to a drop in and have a test. I wonder if the results come back fast? Good luck to you on Monday...I'll look for you "on the other side!"
 
@Sidelined a simple test can be done in just a few minutes for UTIs. If your doctor isn't worried about it than I wouldn't be either. Good luck with your surgery!
 
@Sidelined it's an app that's available in all but a few states. It's great for simple things that you really hate to go wait in a dr.'s office for. They of course don't prescribe any scheduled drugs. $40 for a 15 minute visit and your prescription is called in within 10 minutes.

My OS' office said I wouldn't have to be retested as long as I took all the antibiotics that were prescribed. They gave me a 5 day scrip.
 
That's the usual course for an UTI. Does your doctor give antibiotics pre and post surgery in the hospital? My doctor did.
 
I think I got a bag of antibiotics right after surgery.
 
My doctor also gave me antibiotics in my IV pre and post surgery. One bag before and three after. No antibiotics for home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom