Recent content by Shubbles

  1. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Good to know! Thanks! I too can say that the surgery was well worth it and it is much better than it was before the surgery. I'm just surprised that I still have these pains.
  2. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Wow! I can't believe how long it has been since I posted in here. I love that I can come back and check in whenever I have a chance. So, I am wondering from all of you that are now a couple years out, like me, how does your knee do? Lately, I have had quite a bit of ache going on and it...
  3. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Well it has now been over two year since my TKR and I still say it is so worth it! I still have stiffness acts sitting too long and when it rains or gets cold it takes a minute to get moving but I no longer take any pain meds for my knee at all. Anyone out there wondering if they should do it...
  4. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Moral of that story, don't take no for an answer! Keep going to other doctors until you find someone willing to do the right thing.
  5. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    David, feel free to use my story. My first knee surgery that caused all of this ended up being in a medical journal too. My doctor then told my parents (I was only 11!) that I may never walk again and that after 40 years of being an OS, he'd never seen anything like it. It was THAT bad. All...
  6. Shubbles

    TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

    Glad you are doing so well!!! I still have the same issues as you with the stiffness and stairs. Though I can do them it takes thinking before I head down. Up is no problem. It's the down that I worry about. I'm a bit sore today but more my feet than my knee. I shopped at two stores, worked in...
  7. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Lol! Speaking of dancing, I did that too! Went out for a girls night a few weeks ago and danced for over an hour without hurting! The only issue I still have is that my quad will not allow me to bend fully (especially when I first start moving after sitting or laying for a while) but I'm...
  8. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    I would like to wish a very happy birthday to someone very special to me. Today is the first birthday of my left knee! For the first few months I thought I would regret my decision. However, I can honestly say it was one of the best choices I've ever made. I can walk and bowl and get around a...
  9. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Well, let's see if the new stuff works or not. If not, then I will check out the gel. I was hoping to come off of the stuff anyway but after being off for only a few days, I know I am not ready yet.
  10. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    I know it has been a while, again... but I thought I would give you all an update. I was still having the swelling and it was really bothering me, not painful, just annoying, so I went to my PCP to see if he knew what might be causing it. I also talked to him about other things I have been...
  11. Shubbles

    TKR So THIS is what the "Other Side" feels like!!

    I'm a few weeks ahead of you and I still have stiffness issues. Anytime I change position after a long time it takes a few movements before it feels ok again. If I sit too long, getting up does it. If I lay too long, bending it does it. I have a 30 minute drive to work so every day I get to...
  12. Shubbles

    TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

    That's a great photo! new knee = happiness!
  13. Shubbles

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Have a wonderful time on your cruise! The hubby and I did our first in September just before surgery and we had the best time! I wanted to go on another before we got off of the ship! Do it all or do a little, it runs at your pace. It's amazing!
  14. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Ok, so I went to the OS today and he took X-rays and moved my legs around and such and said all was fine and looked good with the knee so whatever is going on is not related to my knee. He said he thinks that both feet were swollen but the TKR leg had more because of the previous trauma it has...
  15. Shubbles

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    So, the assistant called me back and said that it could be nothing or it could be something very serious so I really need to get it checked out. I have an appointment on Monday afternoon. Fingers crossed that it is nothing!
Back
Top Bottom