Recent content by Serenity41

  1. Serenity41

    THR PuppyLove's New Hip

    @PuppyLove It is good to hear you are doing so well. I am sorry to hear about your knees. I hope they hold out for you until you are ready for the replacements. Pool therapy sounds amazing.
  2. Serenity41

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    Happy to hear the suture was sorted. Here's hoping you kick the bronchitis quickly with the new meds.
  3. Serenity41

    THR Anyone been there done this?

    I am glad to hear you are doing well. Hip number 2 will be a breeze.
  4. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    @djklaugh What a relief with the transition of devices. I was beginning to think I was lagging behind. I love how you had your cane over your shoulder at your 8 week op visit. :heehee: I mean who wouldn't want to show that accomplishment off? I am on my way off the narcotics, so I am hoping to...
  5. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    @MajorHeidi Thanks for asking. I have posted an update below. Today is 22 days post op. I have been working at home full time this week. We have a quarterly owner's conference in early July and I am responsible for all the logistics to include booking the flights and rooms for 40+ owners. I...
  6. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    @fulafoto @frieds @LadyJune @PuppyLove :thankyou: @djklaugh I am calling my OS tomorrow to see about getting rid of this walker. I do think crutches would be much easier for me to get around my house. When did you get rid of the crutches? It is good to know you were released to drive at 6...
  7. Serenity41

    Panic stations

    @fulafoto I am a little late chimming in here about your surgery date. I am thrilled for you and will be counting the days with you. I really do feel for you with regards to your collapsed hip. Both of mine had collapsed prior to surgery. The pain, oh how I know the pain. I can tell you that the...
  8. Serenity41

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi Just catching up with you. I wanted to say that you are doing terrific with all the walking and exercises you have been doing. Way to go! I am sorry to hear about the bronchitis. Here is hoping it is gone in a few days.
  9. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    @MajorHeidi Yes, I am still taking pain meds. I usually take 1 narco in the morning and than I take Tylenol if needed during the day. In the evening, I usually take another nacro. I went from 8 narco's a day the first week, 4 narco's a day the second week and going in the third week I am down...
  10. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    Today is day 17 post op. I saw my surgeon at 9:15 this morning. I got all 43 staples removed and whoever says it doesn't hurt was lying. OMG! They placed steri-strips over the incisions. I was told to wait 24 hours before bathing and they would fall off on their own. The incisions still look...
  11. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    @Elsie Foust Congrats on your surgery date of July 3rd. Yes it was amazing, I went home the day after surgery. I was able to walk 100 feet 3 hours after the surgery (I could have done more but wasn't allowed). I was also getting up and using the bathroom (my surgeon doesn't like catheters). I...
  12. Serenity41

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    @glmrphy I am glad you are doing so well. Congrats on the new job. I am sure it will be much better on the hip. Thanks for the update.
  13. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    Day 10-12 post op - Not much to report. I have been following the Bonesmart mantras for several days in hopes it would relieve the pain in my left hip and it worked!!! My left hip feels fantastic. I just hope it continues to behave!! My left hamstring is still a bit off. I can feel it tightening...
  14. Serenity41

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    @fulafoto @LadyJune @djklaugh I appreciate your replies and concerns. The left hip joint is much better today. @Josephine I worked 2 hours on the laptop sitting. I am working from home. I don't think this had anything to do with my left hip popping or my slightly pulled left hamstring or does...
  15. Serenity41

    Post Op questions THP (1st) June 17th

    @hipalonghopalong Enjoy the pampering and getaway. It won't be long now before you are on the other side moving on to your new pain free life. Best wishes on the surgery next week. You will do great.
Back
Top Bottom