Recent content by SeptemberZen

  1. SeptemberZen

    TKR 4½ years later^

    I'm 7 months post-op and have some stiffness and soreness nearly every day especially at night and when I first wake up. My OS, who I just saw 2 weeks ago, considers me at the "halfway point". He says that as long as I have full range of motion, which I do, the stiffness and achiness may persist...
  2. SeptemberZen

    TKR Burning pain in knee, no sleep for 6 weeks

    Not a professional in this field at all, but just to jump in with anecdotal info: My primary doc told me recently that she tore her ACL very badly a few years ago and could not exercise for months. She says that thigh muscle is STILL noticeably smaller than the other one. I'm 5.5 months post-op...
  3. SeptemberZen

    TKR So much harder than I expected

    I'm about 5.5 months out and I went back to work at 11 weeks. In reality, I could have used more time. I still swell and get stiff if I sit too long OR if I stand too long. A little disappointed in my progress but I've learned that this journey is not always straight and smooth!
  4. SeptemberZen

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Ok,wondering if these are IT band issues after all. Whatever it is, it's so painful I can hardly stand it. The pain comes when I move my leg. It only happens when I'm sitting, especially if I've been sitting for a while. I could be sitting there, doing nothing and decide to adjust my leg...
  5. SeptemberZen

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Hmmm...if it were me, I wouldn't even go to PT! I have zero medical training so feel free to ignore me, but I would insist that my OS take a 2nd / 3rd / 4th look around and / or I would get a second opinion rather than speculating on what the problem might or might not be. Wishing you all the...
  6. SeptemberZen

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Agree with Jamie, WB. Ultimately we have to be our own health advocates because we know our bodies inherently and know when something is off. I would insist that my OS take another look or seek a second opinion from another OS.
  7. SeptemberZen

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Sigh... Suggestions, please. What do I do? Foam roller? Heat? Ice? RICE? Go back to the dreaded PT (Have neither the time nor money at the moment)...
  8. SeptemberZen

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    The dreaded IT Band Syndrome. ..sigh. Add me to the list. I move my leg slightly and I get this blinding pain on the outside of my knee going down a little towards my shin, so bad I have to stop in my tracks. And then as soon as I readjust my leg, the pain subsides. So...I did what I always do...
  9. SeptemberZen

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    That's great news, Pax! I've gotten the kitchen and master bedroom pretty well setup but there is still stuff everywhere. And yes, it's hard to resist the urge to run around and store / clean / arrange / rearrange things, but you guys are SO right. My knee, in fact, BOTH knees have made it...
  10. SeptemberZen

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Yep, I do that! The Boyfriend set up a table for me also, so sometimes I sit on the chair or stool, unpack everything on the table, and then try to sort it out so I don't have to make too many trips.
  11. SeptemberZen

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Trying to find the sweet spot in between doing nothing at all and running around like a maniac. Have to do some unpacking, lifting and moving, otherwise I can't find a blinking thing! :-) But I have almost completely unpacked the kitchen and bedroom, but still have a 2nd bedroom that looks...
  12. SeptemberZen

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Yeah, I know. It feels like a muscle pain when it comes and if memory serves, it began right after we started packing 2 weeks ago. Argh. Sometimes I'm such a knucklehead. .....
  13. SeptemberZen

    TKR 10 week check up

    Welcome! And...just wanted to jump in and mention a few things you might find helpful: 1. I'm at around 5 months post-op and I STILL have swelling and stiffness if I do too much. It's significantly better than it WAS, but it still happens from time to time; 2. Most of us here have learned...
Back
Top Bottom