Recent content by SassyGirl

  1. SassyGirl

    TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Right)

    Sounds like things are progressing right along. So very glad to hear that. Hang in there it'll get a little better each day.
  2. SassyGirl

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    Hang in there Suzie the ROM will get better. You have a beautiful daughter and what a great nurse. Wow 57 pints of strawberry jam, you were really busy. But you need to ice, elevate and rest.
  3. SassyGirl

    TKR The journey continues

    Congrats on the staples coming out. You keep up the good work, glad PT was good. :dancy:
  4. SassyGirl

    TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Right)

    Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
  5. SassyGirl

    TKR What I did on my summer vacation

    @birdwatchr I'm so sorry that your summer vacation has started out so bad. But don't let the lousy weather get you down. You need to just lie there on the beach with your leg propped up and cooling refreshing ice on it. Then your vacation will be great. Don't let those PT goons push you...
  6. SassyGirl

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    Suzie thanks. I will find out what the doc's pain management protocol is. I have a list of questions I want to ask on the first visit. I think I'll have my husband go with me to help with remembering everything that's said.
  7. SassyGirl

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    @sistersinhim my sister now lives in Gates county. @bibi my mother was born in Kinston, still go there frequently. @Suz my husband was a Chief in the AF so we went all over. We decided to move back here so I could be near my mother.
  8. SassyGirl

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    I don't want to wait between surgeries I'd have it done the next month if they'd let me. But three months it is.
  9. SassyGirl

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    I'm doing it to gain my life back. My knees didn't bother me until 2 years ago. I went into ortho and saw a PA who did xrays both knees showed arthritis with the left the worse a nice gap in the right. Then 6 months late,r limping on right back into to ortho. PA told me at my age to wait as long...
  10. SassyGirl

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    I'll be going to my first appointment with the OS June 27th. Don't know when my surgery date will be, but need both knees done. Would like to get both done at once but doc doesn't do that, so one at a time. They wait three months between surgeries. I live in Goldsboro. Since you lived in...
  11. SassyGirl

    TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

    Celebrate each step along the way. :wowspring:
  12. SassyGirl

    TKR The journey continues

    So happy to hear from you. I know you're glad to be home. Remember to ice, elevate and take it easy. You need to take care of yourself. :)
  13. SassyGirl

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    Happy to hear you got some sleep in your own bed, it's so great to get back to your bed.
  14. SassyGirl

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    Hi Suzie glad to hear you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train :rotfl:. I've been reading your recovery thread and notice you're from NC. I'm also from NC about 55 miles southeast of Raleigh. What part are you from.
  15. SassyGirl

    TKR The journey continues

    Hope everything is going great. Can't wait to hear how you're doing.
Back
Top Bottom