Recent content by sandi4213

  1. sandi4213

    TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

    I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling, @zakmick . I was hoping that the knee had settled down. Sorry, too about the ivf. I am glad that you are adjusting your plans and will be praying for better cooperation from your knee.
  2. sandi4213

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    Wow! It's been a year since my first tkr! Happy kneeversary to @zakmick and @debbyS . My knees are both doing well. The second is about 7 months old. I don't think about them much, so I guess that is a good sign. I don't really get down on the floor much, but I don't even hesitate on stairs, up...
  3. sandi4213

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    Good for you. When you start to feel like you've turned a corner, it's great. And driving is fantastic! Congratulations.
  4. sandi4213

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    @SusieShoes I don't know that I would say we are prepared for the snow...I don't have my snow tires on yet, the yard is not quite ready, I haven't put my winter mats in the car yet. The forecast changed on us rather quickly. :yikes: It is really nice to be able to do things with the grandkids...
  5. sandi4213

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    @Jockette my left knee is doing pretty well. It grumbled a bit when I first had the right done, and demanded more attention than it had been. There is one small "pocket" of swelling that has not gone away yet. It normally doesn't bother me, it's just a little bump on the top. About 2/3 of the...
  6. sandi4213

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    Since I woke up @12:30 am and can't go back to sleep, I thought this might be a good time for an update. My latest knee is 12 weeks old today. I have been much more active the last couple of weeks. Yesterday (Halloween) I volunteered in my daughter's class to help get ready for and run the...
  7. sandi4213

    TKR Put the right knee in...and then the left.

    I guess I should be grateful for my basement steps and front steps (around 15 each). At least I don't have to look for steps to do. I agree with @SusieShoes that they are good for building strength and that it can feel like really slow improvement. Every so often I will notice that the stairs...
  8. sandi4213

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    @rubyyarn You are allowed to complain, aching sucks! It will get better as things heal and get stronger. [HUGS]
  9. sandi4213

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Happy 6 months! I'm sure swimming will go as well as all of your challenges have. :yay:
  10. sandi4213

    TKR dragonfly's recovery thread

    Good for you @dragonfly 1976 . You are more likely to have a good result doing your own pt than doing it with the OMG therapist. I think it's great that you realized right away that her way isn't the right way for you.
  11. sandi4213

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    I have to agree, I am REALLY glad I NEVER have to do this again! I wasn't so sure right after the second surgery, but I am happy it's done now.
  12. sandi4213

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    I guess it's all a matter of time...or that nasty word (patience) :thud:
  13. sandi4213

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    The hardest part of the energy drain is explaining it to other people. If they haven't experienced it, they just don't understand how you can apparently be doing so well and then just run out of gas.
  14. sandi4213

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    The area sounds perfect! I will cross all of my digits for you, too.
  15. sandi4213

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    @Pheebs52 usually my jobs are for a full day. Occasionally there will be a half day available. I don't normally work more than 2 or 3 days a week, but it is very erratic - some weeks not at all and some 4 days. Sometimes I know a week or 2 ahead and sometimes I get a call at 5:30 am. Ah, the...
Back
Top Bottom