Recent content by saanmar

  1. S

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Looks like we will have lots of company on the 17th! I'm having my RTKR that day also.
  2. S

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hi - I'm back for round 2. My RTKR is scheduled for January 17.
  3. S

    2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Tomorrow's my knee day. Good wishes to Redradish and Gottamove tomorrow! I look forward to seeing you on the recovery side.
  4. S

    It's time for a new knee

    I asked what kind of knee I would be getting and it will be a Persona (Zimmer). Doc said he liked the ability to choose an implant based on what the individual patient's needs were.
  5. S

    It's time for a new knee

    Well, I met with my OS and everything was OK with my tests and I'm on the schedule as planned for Tuesday (the 15th). I am relieved that I was cleared for surgery and ready to get to recovery. Most of the time, I'm fine but occasionally I still panic. Fortunately, I will be busy this weekend...
  6. S

    It's time for a new knee

    Pre-op screening completed today. As long as nothing turns up on the tests, I'm good to go. It's real. Trying to keep busy.
  7. S

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    Enjoy the movie!
  8. S

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    Congrats on the weight loss. However, I was just lectured by a friend who is taking nutrition classes that I will need to eat a little more after surgery to help my body heal. Just thought I'd pass that thought along. And, I would not mind losing a few pounds after my surgery.:tada:
  9. S

    It's time for a new knee

    I have another question for you all. At the class I attended a spinal block was recommended vs. general anesthesia, unless you have previously had back surgery. I had a herniated disk surgery about 15 years ago. Is that going to prevent me from having a spinal? Has this been the case for anyone...
  10. S

    Cleared for surgery today

    Congrats MartialKnees. My surgery is on December 15. My pre-op assessment is next week. I hope to also pass with flying colors!
  11. S

    Surgery today

    Good luck! Here's to an easy recovery.
  12. S

    It's time for a new knee

    Hi All, I went to the knee class yesterday at the hospital where I will be having surgery and I'm glad that I did. A nurse, physical therapist and occupational therapist all answered questions and gave a good presentation on what to expect. I feel a bit more comfortable about the surgery. Pre-op...
  13. S

    TKR Nerdgrrl's knee recovery thread

    Welcome to recovery. Love the picture of the purramedic!
  14. S

    LTKR in December

    Hi Rosieglasses, I am also having a knee replacement in December (the 15th). I am right with you on the stress. We can do this though! And, I agree with newlybionic, this forum is wonderful. You can ask all your questions and get answers from those who have been through the process.
Back
Top Bottom