Recent content by Ronsgirl

  1. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    @jaschembra I hope you, my knee twin, are able to enjoy every minute of that wedding. We have a car trip to Oklahoma to pick up two of our grandkids to spend the summer with us planned for the end of May. I am sure hoping my left knee is a lot better by then. It is normally about a 12 hour...
  2. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. Things still seem to be about the same, but I am just taking it one day at a time. I hope you all have a very blessed and happy Easter. He is risen!
  3. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    I know you are right @KarriB I just need to be patient. Thanks for the hugs, they always help. :smile2: @Celle you summed it up so well when you said, "you're feeling as if you'll never be free of thinking about your knees." I think Spring is making it worse. It makes me want to get out and...
  4. Ronsgirl

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    The more I read of your posts, the more I realize just how much knee twins we are. :heehee: Your recipe for staying out of the ODIC sounds pretty much like the last 7 months of my life. that's why all my clothes are getting too tight. lol I am glad you get to see your OS this week. Let me know...
  5. Ronsgirl

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the post you left on my thread. You and I are knee twins for sure. Maybe we can both take comfort in the fact that we are in the exact same spot kneewise. I hope today is a good day for you. When you figure out how to stay out of the ODIC let me...
  6. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    Thanks, Marian. I do take tylenol during the day and both tylenol and tramadol at night, and I also go to bed with ice on my left knee and sometimes on the right also. Karri, I do still elevate when I am sitting. In fact I am elevating right now. I guess why I am feeling discouraged is...
  7. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    Hi ladies, thanks to both of you for checking up on me. I think I am a slow healer, also. My first, right knee, is still sore just above the knee and hurts getting up out of a chair, but overall is doing ok. My left 3 month old knee is still really sore and hurts like crazy when getting up...
  8. Ronsgirl

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    I hope you have a wonderful time. I am sure your niece and friends will enjoy having you with them, scooter and all, although sitting by the pool soaking up sunshine does sound awfully nice to me!:heehee:
  9. Ronsgirl

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    My husband built me a 6 inch high platform to set my recliner on. The extra height makes a lot of difference. It still hurts some when I stand up, but not nearly as much as trying to get up from a lower chair.
  10. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    My OS appointment yesterday went well. The Xrays of both knees looked good. He said the sore muscle in my right leg is just taking a little longer than usual to heal, but he is confident that given a little more time it will be fine. I am released for that knee and don't have to go back...
  11. Ronsgirl

    TKR Two new knees....yes, please

    I also had an allergic reaction to the bandage for my first surgery, blisters all around. I had no problem with the steri strips they put on after my staples were removed. For my second knee they just used a loose bandage held in place with an ace bandage, so no problem there, but after my...
  12. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    @Red's Mom I will take any energy you can send me. :heehee: We have had a few warm days, but then got 6-8 inches of snow. Some of that has melted off, but it is snowing right now. The ice in the river has pretty much melted though, so that is a good sign. I love lilacs. I told my husband I...
  13. Ronsgirl

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    My right knee was also done on September 20 and in a couple days I will be at 2 months on the Left one. I still have lots of pain when standing up from sitting. The right more so than the left, but it still hurts, too, although it is gradually improving. It just takes time, lots and lots of time!
  14. Ronsgirl

    TKR On the other side

    Happy Anniversary!!
  15. Ronsgirl

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    Hi @KarriB I am doing ok. Thanks for checking on me. :thankyou:I have been reading, but just haven't felt like posting on my thread in a while. This recovery is a mixed bag for sure. Good and not so good, ups and downs, and sometimes you don't know whether you are up or down. lol My right 5...
Back
Top Bottom