Recent content by RonL

  1. RonL

    TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

    A little tip for getting into the car. If you have cloth upholstery in your car put a large plastic bag on the seat. It makes it little easier to slide yourself in and out.
  2. RonL

    Should I temporarily rent a one-level apartment?

    I have 14 stairs to my front door, its a big old house. On day 5 post surgery for my LTKR I started a regime of IV anti biotic treatments at my local hospital. At 6:00 am, 2:00 pm and 10:00 pm down my stairs into the car up to the hospital, check in, head to where the did the IV , sit there for...
  3. RonL

    Injections after TKR

    I had to give myself those shots, but only for 10 days. My understanding is they are to prevent harmful blood clots.
  4. RonL

    Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

    I'm up in Port Alberni. The weather has been pretty nice. Sitting here at the dining room table looking out at the park. There is a ball game going on, next to that they're playing lacrosse and next to that there are a fews people shooting hoops.
  5. RonL

    Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

    That sounds like a very good 8 week report. You'll know when it's time to dump the cane. When you start to leave it every place you go, then have to go back and get it.
  6. RonL

    TKR Ron's Recovery Thread

    Its definitely been a while since I have posted. My plan last spring was to take it easy over the summer and see how my left knee responded. Well summer turned into fall and then winter and here we are at spring again. Both knees are doing pretty good now. My left knee will be 2 years old next...
  7. RonL

    Femoral Nerve Block

    When I had my first knee replaced I walked into the operating room. I had a good look around, all that caught my eye was a nice display of power tools and hammers. I'm sure there were more tools of the trade somewhere.
  8. RonL

    Lap dog owners - how do you manage post-op?

    I was lucky with my Springers. They all love being on my lap, but know better to stay off without an invite. They were quite content to curl up around the recliner.
  9. RonL

    Bilateral ice machines for BTKR?

    I have the motorized cryo cuff, it holds 3 water bottles. With the temperature being 36˚C right now they last about 6 hrs. I keep 9 bottles frozen which is plenty.
  10. RonL

    TKR Eeek’s recovery thread.

    Welcome back to the other side !!
  11. RonL

    Eeek‘s pre op thread

    Best of luck tomorrow!! See you on the other side.
  12. RonL

    TKR Driving 7 weeks post op

    I'd say however you can get comfortable to sleep go for it. When I had my LTKR it took forever to get on my side, but when I had my RTKR 9 months later I was sleeping on my side the second night in the hospital.
  13. RonL

    Share Your Pre-op Shopping List

    The gliders are like little ski's. They work well in area's where there might be rugs or on carpet.
  14. RonL

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    I had one knee replaced in May of 2017 and the other one in Feb 2018. Not once during pre admitting or the pre hab clinic I did before either surgery was my weight even mentioned. My OS never mentioned it either until six weeks ago. I was concerned about my 1st knee still being stiff and...
  15. RonL

    What Equipment Does Insurance Typically Cover?

    In British Columbia where I am the Red Cross has a loan program that operates in most communities. When I went to my pre admitting clinic everyone filled out a form of what they needed, it was faxed the the Red Cross in your town. I picked up what I didn't have a couple day before surgery. They...
Back
Top Bottom