TKR Ron's Recovery Thread

When you haven’t been overdoing things, are you happy with where your knees are in terms of recovery? I think we all overdo it once in a while, often in a burst of enthusiasm about all the things we can now do that we couldn’t do before.

Hope you have a backup plan for your lawn!
 
@SusieShoes Even when I over do things, which seems to be quite often, I have never regretted having them done. If it takes me a little longer to completely recover so be it. Some days you see the light at the end of the tunnel and its actually a train, some days its not. The days are way better now than pre-op days, even bad days are better.
Back up plan for lawns is taken care of.
 
Great to hear you have a lawn mowing back up plan.
 
I’m glad you’re going to tak it easy for a while. Your knees will thank you!
 
I was a slow healer so I totally get how hard it is to be patient during recovery. But in the end your knees will be better for it. TKR is a challenge anyway you look at it. :yes:
 
Its definitely been a while since I have posted. My plan last spring was to take it easy over the summer and see how my left knee responded. Well summer turned into fall and then winter and here we are at spring again. Both knees are doing pretty good now. My left knee will be 2 years old next month and the right is 14 months now. I have a bit of an IT band issue with my left knee, but until recently haven't done much about it. I have been concentrating more on weight loss for several other reasons. Just last week I went and saw a new physiotherapist about the IT band issue. After checking everything out she found one hip abductor muscle wasn't working on my left side and only slightly on my right. With these muscles not working the quads want to take over their job. Apparently when the quads do to much they put pressure on the IT band which causes patellofemoral pain and IT band pain. I have been doing a couple hip abductor exercises every day for the past week, we'll see how this goes.
I have about 105° of flexion in that left knee now so we'll see if that changes down the road. Hopefully I'll post some news before another year is up.
As I said above its been a while since posting, but I have been here reading most of the posts. I'm still amazed at some of the remarkable recovery's some people have enjoyed. I truly sympathize with those through no fault of their own have drawn the short straw.
Heal well!! Ron
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom