Bilateral ice machines for BTKR?

Do the ice machines make the staples hurt more? Crazy, I’m thinking cold staples colder skin area. Does that make sense?
 
No, it doesn't make the staples colder although you'd think they would. Why don't you buy one machine, see if you like it and then get another one if necessary? I loved mine with the first tkr - not as much with this one.
 
Thanks laurenkate.
I’m waiting to see if hospital and insurance provide one. Then I’ll probably buy a second.

I know they’re pricey. I’m worth it.:rofsign:
 
Beachy: call your insurance company. The nurse who did my joint replacement class told us the hospital provides them. I told him it depends on insurance. He said “everyone goes home with them”. They may but if insurance doesn’t cover it, you’re going to pay for it one way or another.

My surgeon recommends the Cryo Cuff. A FB group person recommends the motorized version (they also have a gravity fed model) because it has a compression to it which I’ve heard feels great. It was $20 more for motorized a d I felt it was worth it. Mine came from Source Ortho. I found two other places selling the motorized model but same price & they required a script.
 
Whichever ice machine you decide to get, you may want to avoid the ones with timers, unless they can be either bypassed or set to continuous. No one wants to reset a 30 minute timer all night long!
 
@InkedMarie
Thanks! I’ll check with Medicare. Cryo Cuff is on my list to look at. Interesting that it’s motorized with the compression.
Ain’t this forum great!
 
I looked at the cryo cuff today out of curiosity after it was mentioned and am wondering if it fits four or so frozen water bottles inside. I'm more than happy with the one I have, but was just curious to see what the cryo cuff looked like, etc, and that look made me wonder if the frozen bottles would fit.
 
I have the motorized cryo cuff, it holds 3 water bottles. With the temperature being 36˚C right now they last about 6 hrs. I keep 9 bottles frozen which is plenty.
 
I have not used my Cryo Cuff yet but a friend had one & she uses cool whip containers frozen with water.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom