Eeek‘s pre op thread

So, my pre ops are complete. First was June 20 at my GP where she did a bunch of blood tests...inflammation, blood count, blah blah blah. Though my blood pressure was almost normal on the first measurement, big improvement over my last visit. Usually I have to sit quietly - white coat hypertension.

Today I had my pre op at the hospital - ortho and anesthesiology. Everything‘s fine there too. So two weeks and I am ready to go.

I did learn that the OR and recovery are climate controlled, but patient rooms? Ha!. I have my own portable fan to bring.

Last time I was anxious and a little looking forward to having it over with. This time i‘m much more looking forward and a little bit anxious.

Hoping for an early spot on the OR schedule.
 
Two weeks! That time is going to fly. In good ways, I hope. Your nest from the first knee hasn't even had time to cool yet. :heehee:
 
When I had my left knee done in February, it was practically the coldest week of the year. Now for the right next week, it‘s the hottest. Four days 30 or above (that‘s high 80s in the US). It’s hot for here. I guess that‘s all I can complain about. Just hope I can get the space next to the window.
 
High temperatures in the upper 80 sound darn pleasant! As we said here, it is not the heat it’s the humidity!
 
Yes, couldn’t live without here without it. My daughter was in Switzerland last summer. She fell off her bike, and had to seek medical care. Very different experience than in the states. Positive, but different!
 
@Mutti3 - i‘m whining mostly to distract myself from being anxious. :scaredycat:
It’s working!


I‘ve lived here for 11 years, and absolutely prefer health care in Switzerland - glad your daughter had a positive, if different experience. (I’m from the US).
 
You will be fine! Here to support you every step of the way! :)
 
They’ll call me after 2pm to tell me when to come tomorrow. I’m aimlessly wandering around the house....in limbo. Guess i’ll go and pack.
 
Yep, just heard. Be there at 11:45. Wished for earlier but I feel so much better knowing when. All ok.
 
There’s a calm that comes over a person when we know something is “all systems go.” It’s like “Yeah. I’m doing this.” I’m glad you’re in that stage of your surgery and on your way!
 
Anxiously awaiting your recovery thread!
Best of luck tomorrow!!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom