Recent content by Plumberbutt

  1. Plumberbutt

    2015 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    April 1st for me.....guess I'm the fool. Going in for the right one this time....had so much fun the first time on left side thought why not go for the right too!!
  2. Plumberbutt

    THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

    Feel free to join in @muckingabout we are pretty easy to get along with and REALLY have a good time!!
  3. Plumberbutt

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    Sorry to hear this Debbie....but I can relate to some extent. I still think my hip feels a bit warm at the incision, but it looks good. Ice still does make it feel better, but I do know I don't baby it and do most things that I normally would before...except jumping and climbing around...I try...
  4. Plumberbutt

    THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

    So GREAT to have the "old" hippies chatting again!!! I really miss you ALL so much!!! I guess I must be close to normal then @Dmcfad2 It just seems like I would be getting better sooner, but I am not very patient. I have not let it slow me down much, but I have found I still can't do as much...
  5. Plumberbutt

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    I really don't remember much stiffness standing Claire. Funny how we all have different symptoms...must be the approach we have?
  6. Plumberbutt

    THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

    @sharonslp Thanks for your reply and help. Just wanted to be sure that it is normal to take this long. I wasn't excited to go to Alaska, especially with so much going on in the summer, but after I got going.....I absolutely LOVED it and have been looking at going back in the future to see...
  7. Plumberbutt

    THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

    Question for all.....how is your "new" hips doing? Any swelling or soreness?? I still feel bruised when I push down around the incision.....and still get sore if I seem to overdo it. Just seeing if anyone else is in the same boat. I iced it the other night and am still using tylenol twice a...
  8. Plumberbutt

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Best wishes to you Bill, you'll do GREAT!!!
  9. Plumberbutt

    Spinal or put out? That is the question of the day...

    I had general with my neck fusion surgery and had a hard time waking up, they finally gave me Narcan to get me up and then the pain meds didn't work....SUCKED!!! With my hip replacement, I had spinal and sedation and woke up and felt great...no sickness and I woke up....which is a "GOOD"...
  10. Plumberbutt

    questioning surgery decision

    Those darn hips seem to play mind games on us all....I had the same thing and then whammy.....it will come back just like everyone has said. They just don't seem to get better by themselves. Best of luck to ya!!
  11. Plumberbutt

    New here, hip surgery on July 10, and losing my job at the same time

    It is hard to NOT stress as it is all we think about, but soon it will be over and you will think to yourself...."Why did I worry so much." It will be a piece of cake and you will be better soon. It will be awkward at first, but you will be able to get around....I would say even better than...
  12. Plumberbutt

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    I had it for as long as 2 weeks due to my asthma.....it is the only reason he thought since I had no accidents and it is bilateral AVN. Who knows??
  13. Plumberbutt

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    Bronchitis sucks Claire!!!! Watch the prednisone....I know it is a GREAT drug, but that is what the OS thought was the cause of my AVN. Take care and hope you feel better soon!!
  14. Plumberbutt

    THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

    Well...what a cruise!!! It was AWESOME!!!! Once I got away, I forgot about home and could relax. It was well deserved and needed and now I think I need to do it more often. I did a lot of walking and had some sore days and had to take it easy, but that is what vacations are for!! I still...
  15. Plumberbutt

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    How AWESOME is that!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!! It has been awhile since I have been here and to be able to read this is just SUPER!!!!
Back
Top Bottom