Guest viewing is limited

questioning surgery decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody, I've taken your advice to heart and will stay the course. I don't want to wait till the hip collapses or the other hip becomes damaged. I think my nerves were looking for a way out but there really is no point putting off the inevitable.
 
Best wishes @allison you will be amazed what the THR can do for you. I'm 7 weeks out, back to very rigorous exercise, (my OS told me this week that strength-wise I am where most of his patients are at one year) sleeping through the night and my middle daughter told me today that I am not "nearly as crabby as I was before"
Stay the course, hopefully all will be well.
 
I played that game with myself for last two years. Finally the pain was so intense I could not do anything physical and I have always been active and an athlete. I am so happy I did it. I can do all the things I have not been able to do for so long and my world is finally growing bigger again:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
I waited 6 years till i did something...and truly i feel like i wasted 6 years of my life. My trhr was 4/30/14 and I haven't looked back. Worst part truly is the wait for your surgery. Best of luck, and I hope that we can welcome you to the other side soon......YOu have a great support staff here and so many many people who know what your feeling.................... :) Sue
 
Those darn hips seem to play mind games on us all....I had the same thing and then whammy.....it will come back just like everyone has said. They just don't seem to get better by themselves. Best of luck to ya!!
 
I had the exact opposite reaction. I didn't realize I had osteoarthritis for about 18 months - thought the pain was my regular CFS/fibro pain, then sciatica, then sacro-iliac joint, then psoas/IT etc ... when I finally had a hip x-ray and my GP said, "Your hip is gone, you need a replacement," I was at the OS the next week, got his first open surgical spot, and a month later, I'm done and on my way! Talk about a fast track! I never thought twice about it. After 20 years of "unfixable" issues, I was so glad to have something that could be fixed!
 
@PA Gal, I think that's my problem, I have too much time to think about it! But the pain has returned, so I am no longer questioning my decision. Onward!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom