Recent content by phrog

  1. phrog

    TKR Finally found a new surgeon

    I'm so sorry, @Mr Gary - I hope your time away was restorative and you can approach recovery with renewed enthusiasm. Maybe eventually you will feel as if you can try to find a second opinion from another OS. Wishing you well -
  2. phrog

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi, Jockette. It's been a long time since I've been on BS and tonight I read through the pages of your thread I haven't seen before. It seems you still have not made the progress you wanted to and understandably are quite frustrated. I am so sorry!! You said you did not want to involve a...
  3. phrog

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    It has been a couple of months since I've written here. I checked in by reading a few threads yesterday and was glad to see some progress with those I've lost touch with - and sorry to see that others are still struggling with swelling and pain. My knee continues to gain strength, but at 16...
  4. phrog

    TKR Finally found a new surgeon

    So sorry, Mr. Gary. I've not been checking in here much and was surprised that you are still in so much pain and have so much swelling. Hoping your appointment goes well later this week.
  5. phrog

    TKR Walking without an aid?<

    Crissy, I am so sorry. I don't get to BS much any more, but was thinking about you the other day. I surely hope this will work out well for you with minimum pain - and a knee that functions perfectly!
  6. phrog

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    How lucky you are to have a built-in friend and such a wonderful relationship with your daughter's mother-in-law. I've always felt that way about my sister-in-law (but we no longer live in the same town. :sad:). Your friendship with her will likely get you out and about and using your new...
  7. phrog

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    I think feeling a wobble that others can't see is pretty normal. You are not alone in that for sure. I had only one knee done and at 13 months I still feel a wobble (which seems different than the weakness I had from my thyroid problems). I fell three times over the first 10 months, partly...
  8. phrog

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    What everyone else has said - so very happy you are finally seeing progress you can believe in! :yahoo:
  9. phrog

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    . I think you've hit the nail on the head, @funkymuse : it's so hard to figure out how much activity will help vs how much might make the knee feel achy, painful, numb or whatever out-of-sorts feeling it decides to display. Excess activity can lead to inflammation which can lead to stiffness...
  10. phrog

    Shelly's Recovery

    So glad you are able to do what you want and need to do with your well-functioning TKR! Hip Hip!:yahoo:
  11. phrog

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    @Jockette - Doing a few steps (to start) a few times a week is a great idea - and you should step down with the surgical leg. Both my PT and OS said, down on the "bad" (as in down into hell") :heehee:and up to heaven using the good leg as a way to remember which to use. If you do that first...
  12. phrog

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    @jaschembra - I so agree about people posting later in their recoveries - I like the successes, but reading about challenges that are still going on helps me worry less about my numbness and low level pain. @mlwreader thank you! I think you're right - I just have had a lot going on that might...
  13. phrog

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Nora Ephron was hilarious. Such a talented woman.
  14. phrog

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    Thanks, all. I'm not always as positive as I want to be, but your encouraging comments help. I kind of love the way you gently remind me how fortunate I am and how much better my leg is behaving than it was about 10 -12 months ago (oh that was a hard time!). Susie, Kmak and Liam, you are right...
  15. phrog

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Hi, @mlwreader - I've seen a few of your posts before and have appreciated notes you've left on my thread, so tonight I decided I would read your entire thread. It took me about an hour and I can tell you it was worth every minute - you write beautifully and thoughtfully and your story from...
Back
Top Bottom