Recent content by PhatTxDiva

  1. PhatTxDiva

    Living alone... How to recover from hip arthroscopy?

    Hi Nemo. How are you doing? Were you able to find a home health aide? Did your family arrive?
  2. PhatTxDiva

    If you live alone...Go to In Patient Rehab or Recovery Home Alone?

    That just sounds odd to me. Did they tell you which hospital the surgery will take place in? I'm going to dig through my "stuff" but I'm pretty sure that at 2 weeks out I knew how much money I needed, what time to show up, how to check in, etc. I'll get back with you tomorrow.
  3. PhatTxDiva

    If you live alone...Go to In Patient Rehab or Recovery Home Alone?

    I'm assuming you should have received an entire packet of information when your surgery date was set. I was required to have a final checkup and clearance by my primary care doctor 30 days before surgery and a pre-op at the hospital. The instructions for scheduling these things, along with a lot...
  4. PhatTxDiva

    Ice packs for hip post-op

    I had on hand a couple of the small blue ice packs used for lunch coolers. But I also made my own ice packs with large freezer bags, alcohol and food coloring. They froze but remained pliable enough to form around my hip. I made 3 of them so one was always frozen. I didn't use compression other...
  5. PhatTxDiva

    If you live alone...Go to In Patient Rehab or Recovery Home Alone?

    Hi @Nemo, I did find someone. She just happened to be at my pre-op class with her mom! She drove me in and picked me up a couple days later. On the way home we also stopped for meds, but based on hindsight, you should get your meds from the Walgreens there on campus. It's just easier. Let me...
  6. PhatTxDiva

    THR Week 13 Lateral Approach THR

    Hi @texasvet! Sounds like you're doing great. So happy for you! :)
  7. PhatTxDiva

    THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

    Hi @Jaycey and all who may grace this thread! :wave: Today is January 29. Exactly three months since the big "slice, chop, and hammer" event!!! On the one hand, "it's ONLY been 3 months", but then on the other hand, "it's been 3 WHOLE months"!!! :happydance: I feel pretty good despite work...
  8. PhatTxDiva

    Bilateral THR Done

    Wow! Fantastic report! :yay:
  9. PhatTxDiva

    THR Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay! Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay!

    Love it @2 for Jeff! You went in there and started regulating thangs!! Haha! Glad to hear that overall you are doing well. Now that disability situation . . . all I can do is pray for you. My sister has MS and no longer works. She regales me from time to time about that crazy system. Darn...
  10. PhatTxDiva

    On the other side.....having rough time

    {{{{ @Cinderella }}}} Sorry to hear of your rough start. :console2: Trust me, it gets better. Stay on top of your pain meds and remember ice, ice and more ice. :ice:
  11. PhatTxDiva

    Two more sleeps and need encouragement

    {{{{ @LibraryLynn }}}} Sending positive vibes your way. Rant, cry, scream, let it out. Do whatever you feel you need to do to get to the other side. When my mind starts racing with anxiety and "what-ifs", it helps me to put on my headphones and tune out the world. Oh, and send your hubby...
  12. PhatTxDiva

    THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

    Hey everybody!!! *waves furiously* @craftdee @CanukTriMom @shrinkette @2 for Jeff @xtina16405 @Jaycey @Poppet @bottomshollow @Josephine @toohip @Carriemay60 @Getnfit @aly @texasvet @sub36 @theweezyone @cj19mann @PamelaJane @tmusicman @MajorHeidi @CivicAngel @Hoppy Nanny @Was_86 @bobbi Hope...
  13. PhatTxDiva

    THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

    Today is Day 47 . . . Okay, so I’ve been back at work for a week. I have a desk job doing legal billing so the most physically strenuous thing I do all day is run to the printer. :type: At the beginning of the week, I had a bit of groin pain, but nothing major. It seemed to be in line with...
  14. PhatTxDiva

    Bilateral THR One month out with questions

    @puddle fish This!!!! I think this may be my new standard response when someone asks me how I feel and I have to tell them that my hip feels great but everything else hurts! Perfect analogy.
  15. PhatTxDiva

    THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

    Oooooo, there's a rumor going 'round that it's your birthday!!!! :) Well, here's a toast to you @CanukTriMom! :cheers: I hope you had a wonderful day!
Back
Top Bottom