Recent content by Parawheels

  1. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    @wberry and @skigirl, wow the problems you both have/are having remind me that troubles come and I need to remember that they are for a season and sometimes you have to slow down be, thankful where you're at, and take it one day at a time. Thank you for the encouragement. The back pain is right...
  2. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    I'm four months and one day from surgery. I've been back to work since May 18. On May 3 I was lifting a planter and experienced pain on my left side. That began a week and a half of not being able to sit up, nausea, and the worst pain I've ever had, and three ER visits before finally being...
  3. P

    TKR 48 hours almost

    Ferni. I'm 4 months and a day from bilateral knee replacements and I can identify with what you're going through. My knees were as different as night and day after surgery. I could move, lift and bend my right knee immediately, but the only way I could move my left was to get help with someone...
  4. P

    TKR The beginning of my new life

    @jfiori54, just a suggestion regarding pain meds. You could get a script from your primary care physician who is probably closer. Managing pain is crucial to rehab and gaining flexion and extension. Next time you're running out, talk to your primary care physician about it.
  5. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    I'm eight weeks out from surgery. Since Sunday night, I've slept pretty well only needing pain meds either before sleep or upon waking in the morning. During the day, because I've been more active, ibuprofen has worked pretty well for pain. I seem to have less pain at night if I sleep on my...
  6. P

    TKR cracking and popping

    @SeptemberZen how well I can relate to the achy and want to cry feelings. I hope by now that you are feeling better. Have you gone back to work? How is that?
  7. P

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    Yes, @referee54 thanks for the post. I try to remember that, too, but a reminder is always appreciated, and I need it just now before I got into having my own mini-meltdown!
  8. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    Had my final post-op check today and my surgeon is very pleased with the knees, as I am, also. At my Tuesday PT my ROM numbers were 120 for both knees and 0 for extension. The surgeon says the funny gait of lifting my hip and swinging out the foot are normal at this time for a knee that was in...
  9. P

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    @Mokeysmom and @Maggie94, we must be triplets, because the nightly routine @Mokeysmom describes is also my own. Some nights, I do manage to get four hours of sleep, but it's never without the routine of back to right side, to left side, repeat. The only difference might be that I am able to...
  10. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    Happy six weeks anniversary to Lefty and Righty! And to more freedom to walk and bicycle and all the things I want to do. This new lease on life is an amazing gift for which I am grateful to God.
  11. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    Thanks to all for your encouragement for my sweet hubby as well as myself. He had doctor appointments and more tests today to make certain the stone is passed. I have my final appointment with the surgeon this week until the yearly exams and he'll hopefully clear me for driving - LOL! As for...
  12. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    @maggie, I forgot you're ahead of me. While you are lounging at dinner, I'm in bed, having taken my morning meds cocktail and waiting for sunrise. It's 6:44AM here, and it's been lightning and thundering, so we will probably have another stormy morning. Ahhh, but that is spring in central Ohio...
  13. P

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    @Maggie94 , sorry you've had a rough night. I'm sure it's a temporary situation, even though it feels like it's been forever. We will make it through, I just know it!
  14. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    @Maggie94 Chuckling again at the chocolate in the fridge. I too am not craving sugar and especially not chocolate. I did have strawberry shortcake with whip cream yesterday though, but it doesn't taste the same. That's okay, I can overdo it on sugar and it's not good for me. Today was not the...
  15. P

    Bilateral TKR Two Knees, One Recovery

    Thanks @Maggie94 I definitely will be taking it easier. You're right, patience is difficult but I know I can do this. I'm still not back to drinking coffee. I've tried teas, but those aren't tasting so good either, and I chuckled at both of us getting down and off the floor on the same day...
Back
Top Bottom