Recent content by pakline

  1. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    It is now 1 yr + 11 days since my RTKR........knee gets tired from time to time & I know if I was not overweight the knee would be much happier - but it is what it is! DH has had a few set backs along the road of recovery from his Prostate Cancer..........surgery was 13 days ago & he developed...
  2. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    Thankyou to Bonesmarty friends for their encouragement & support re my hubby's cancer diagnosis...........somehow it appeared on @Ellen's thread - not to worry - again, thankyou. I am feeling very positive about his outcome - I have to, because being sad, worried, upset is too exhausting &...
  3. pakline

    TKR Second TKR Done, but still not very patient

    Firstly, thankyou to all my Bonesmart friends for your comments re my hubby's cancer - he has made the decision to have surgery - yes, that too can take on a life of its' own, but given that it hasn't spread outside the prostate, he has a very good chance of "cure", so for now, that is where we...
  4. pakline

    TKR Second TKR Done, but still not very patient

    @Ellen ...........so good to hear you are doing well! I did put a post up for you last week sometime but it may have got lost. I'm doing OK.......back driving (after 11 months) & therefore have my independence back. My balance has never been great so I am still using the walker for...
  5. pakline

    TKR Second TKR Done, but still not very patient

    Netballknees @Ellen...........do hope you are doing well my sweet........been thinking of you & said some prayers that your op was fine & you are recovering well. Take it steady! Much love, Kerry
  6. pakline

    What has helped you most in your recovery from knee surgery...

    2 things.....my toilet raiser chair :yes!:( this was a God-send - 11 months out & I have only just put it in storage), & my mini bike:loll: - small set of pedals that you can use for arms or legs - this has been a tremendous help in getting the "lift" back in my quad muscles. Not terribly...
  7. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    :hi:@Jozilla & @leejaa ...........thankyou for your kind replies. It is people like you & @Ellen who give people like me the courage to battle on & end up with a good outcome! :friends:I do hope everyone is having a comfy time :bath:. Love to you all. :loveshwr:
  8. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    Dear sweet Ellen - I was so very, very pleased :wave: to see your post.......you have such a wonderful sense of humour........mine is completely "off the wall" & very sick, or is that sic!. As you know only too well, recovery has been very hard at times, but I figure I have one life, make it...
  9. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    A little more progress........... & this is going to sound so silly! I do not have to use the higher toilet seat/chair any more - I can actually sit on the normal seat at normal height, & then stand up quite easily! One little step at a time. Yes, it's over 12 months since I had the horrendous...
  10. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    Hello everyone...........it's been a while since I checked in...........my knee has been going well - no pain, stiffness at times, but nothing I can't deal with. Lymphedema is being managed quite well - it won't ever be cured but I can live with it - the stockings are surprisingly comfortable -...
  11. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    @Ellen........hello dear friend. You are one brave soldier lining up for another TKR......but I do realise that it is necessary if you are to get pain free & totally mobile again - it's just the thought of doing all this again that would daunt me! We had a lovely Easter, as I hope you did, &...
  12. pakline

    TKR I think I'm doing OK!

    Just checking in. Knee seems to be going well....no real pain for about 3 weeks, so for that I am grateful. Even a little bit of lift in the quad muscle! I find myself doing things unconsciously, then frightening the life out of myself when I see where I am or what I've done! Sleeping very well...
  13. pakline

    TKR Second TKR Done, but still not very patient

    Hello @Ellen, I haven't been posting for a week or two - been busy (like everyone else), and decided to try not to think about my knee quite so much. I am pleased to see you are doing OK (even though you've had some ups & downs). I see you as a very strong woman and as we have often said "we...
  14. pakline

    TKR Second TKR Done, but still not very patient

    Life is so busy for everyone these days, it is no wonder at times that we all feel unloved & neglected. My family is no different:gaah:! I have felt lonely, desperate, sad, teary (sometimes VERY) but then I think about others who are in greater pain the I am, who don't have a family, or a...
  15. pakline

    TKR Second TKR Done, but still not very patient

    Hi @Ellen sweetie............just dropping by to visit & say hello..........hope your knee is behaving & not getting too upset about you moving house. I'm doing fine -" it's OK for now!" Blessings. Love, Kerry
Back
Top Bottom