Recent content by oregonlass

  1. oregonlass

    TKR oregonlass post TKR - bionic accomplished

    @Cococay Hope your surgery goes well!!! I’ll be thinking of you. Doing that exercise now, will help your body get through the surgery a bit easier. My PT told me the therapy and exercises ahead of time can make a big difference. Everybody heals differently, listen to your body. They had me...
  2. oregonlass

    TKR oregonlass post TKR - bionic accomplished

    @Cococay I still have days or moments when the sciatica tries to kick up. A doctor didn’t diagnose it. When it kicked up last summer I went to the orthopedic clinic and they suggested PT as my surgeon was still on furlough. The PT watched me walk and immediately said it was my knee affecting my...
  3. oregonlass

    TKR oregonlass post TKR - bionic accomplished

    Update on Leg Warmers - you may want to order some!!!! Like many, I've had muscle pain above and below the knee as well as the back of the knee. My PT explained that all of those surrounding muscles get traumatized with the surgery. The warmer keeps them warm...and more relaxed. The...
  4. oregonlass

    TKR oregonlass post TKR - bionic accomplished

    Problem with knee pain in the cold? I went for a walk last weekend. The temperature was in the upper 30s F. (A few degrees above freezing for those of you on celsius.) It wasn't raining but overcast and dampish. My knee got to hurting so bad I couldn't believe it. Bone cold. When I got...
  5. oregonlass

    THR Cstinchcomb's Right Hip Recovery

    @cstinchcomb CONGRATULATIONS! It sounds like you are doing amazing. Keep up the great work and enjoy your Thanksgiving.
  6. oregonlass

    TKR oregonlass post TKR - bionic accomplished

    Hi All! For all of you in the USA - Happy Thanksgiving! This year it's easy to find things to be thankful for. I haven't been on for a while so I thought a 3-month celebratory post was due. I feel very blessed that I've had a smooth healing process. The two months of PT prior to surgery to...
  7. oregonlass

    TKR extension

    @Oceangirl - I hear you. I'm three months out from TKR. I too have experienced some strange pain in my surgical leg. I found an over the counter CBD balm with menthol or eucalyptus really helps quickly for the shin, or thigh pain. It is slowly getting better. It may not really be the...
  8. oregonlass

    TKR Pain elsewhere other than knee.

    @denn, I haven't been very active recently, so I just saw your posts. I understand your pain. I had a left total hip replacement in 2018. The left knee had given me some issues a couple of years earlier but a bit of PT and walking got it resolved. The surgery aggravated that somewhat and the...
  9. oregonlass

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    Infection control similar but different. They put everyone on the nose ointment as a precaution. Covid test 3 days before and quarantine until surgery. Pre-op guidelines were the same as yours. Showers with disinfecting soap 4 days in advance. Fresh bed linens and sleepwear. Dec of 18 for my...
  10. oregonlass

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    @Mrs. Ciz - It sounds like you were in the same place I came from with your knee with no cartilage. However, my problem was only with one knee. I had sciatica before surgery from the poor alignment. Two months PT pre-surgery got that under control. I noticed yesterday, someone also said the...
  11. oregonlass

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    @Mrs. Ciz "I have also started using the heating pad on the back of my right leg (the one with the tight hamstring) from hamstring to calf for a couple of hours before bedtime. It really helps loosen up the back of my whole leg, so I’m not in pain or cramping from the hamstring issues when I...
  12. oregonlass

    TKR oregonlass post TKR - bionic accomplished

    4-Weeks score!!! I celebrated the 4-week milestone on Monday. I have good flexibility for where I am. All systems getting back to normal...except sleep... sigh. Only using OTC acetametophine or ibuprofen for pain. Seems like the biggest discomfort is the muscle on the backside of my knee...
  13. oregonlass

    Bilateral TKR Oregon Mom's bilateral journey

    The orthopedic center where I go and the hospital they use provide an ice machine for every TKR. I didn't know that would happen. It's been a delightful bonus. It's part of the knee package so automatically sent to the insurance.
  14. oregonlass

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    @Mrs. Ciz So glad you are getting support from your work colleagues. My doctor told me I was ahead of the healing bell curve, however not to get enthusiastic and overdo. He has routinely seen knees that looked like mine at one visit and the next they were swollen, stiff, and the patient...
  15. oregonlass

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    HUGS and thinking of you as you deal with this. Hope you can see your doctor quickly.
Back
Top Bottom