THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

Oh boy, I remember that constipation and the resulting pain! It was pretty bad, I commented one time to my husband that giving birth to the twins wasn't nearly as difficult! :rotfl::gaah:

I learned to take a lot more of the prune juice and ate a couple prunes for good measure with each meal for the second hip!

I will comment on your wonderful friend, too. :SUNsmile: Peeking there where the sun don't shine!

I like your goal of returning to Disney, something too look forward to..

Guys BIG STEPS (literally) today!

I got off the walker and walked with the cane!!

I also was able to stand up without using my hands to push myself up! With a little help from the physical therapist's gait belt.
:yes!::dancy:

My morning headache was still present but slightly milder and went away quicker so I'm counting that as a win too.

My constipation problems are still hanging out but I'm going to start trying to come off of the opioids and hope that helps clear things up.

All in all today was a good day!!

Wonderful news. Always feels good to make forward steps. Cane is great progress. Consider keeping the walker around for early morning and middle of the night when we are not quite as with it as during the day. Extra safety never hurts.

Took my first unassisted steps today!! It was actually unintentional.

I went to the bathroom, stood up from the toilet and walked to the sink without getting my cane. I started washing my hands and thought, "Wait a minute." :heehee:

I noticed I lean a little, almost looks like my pre-op limping, and I think it's more habit than anything else because I don't do it with the cane or the walker. So I'm certainly not getting rid of the cane yet but I can take a few steps without it and it feels great!!

Isn't that a funny feeling? When you realize your cane or walker isn't nearby and wait! How did you get there? :heehee:
That is progress!
Good that you realize that you'll need the support for a while longer though, to help establish a good walking gait.
So glad that you are doing so well!

I went to the bathroom, stood up from the toilet and walked to the sink without getting my cane. I started washing my hands and thought, "Wait a minute." :heehee:

That’s how it happens. :yes: I did the same in my kitchen, then panicked until I realized if I walked away from my cane....it meant I could!! :happydance: Awesome feeling, I’m happy for you!

Have a great Sunday and week!

Happy July to you!
We‘re almost mid Summer already...I just realized. I hope you’re enjoying yours.
How have you been over the past couple weeks? We’d love to read about your progress if you have time to share. Fingers crossed we hear from you soon. :fingersx:
Have a great week! :SUNsmile:
@KisstheskyBrace

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hope all is well and you’re feeling stronger with each passing month.
All the best to you!
@KisstheskyBrace

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
How are you? We’d love to hear how you’re doing. Hopefully you’re feeling stronger and steadier week, by week and you‘re beginning to enjoy some of the things that became difficult as your hip was declining.
Drop us an update as time allows and have a great Autumn!
@KisstheskyBrace

@Layla thank you for continuing to check in!!! A lot happened in the last couple days.

I have been feeling great! Started walking around the neighborhood about a mile every day. Got rid of my cane and my limp. Monday the 14th was my 12 week check up and it was perfect everything looked good. I got the all clear to go back to work!

Fast forward to Saturday, yesterday. I dislocated my hip and ended up in the ER at 11 pm. They put it back in place. I'm going to have to go see my surgeon ASAP this week.
I'm now in so much pain, I can barely move my leg I can barely walk. It feels like day 1 all over again. I feel so disheartened and down. I know I'll get a treatment plan when I go to see my surgeon this week, but I don't know what to do now. I wasn't sent home with any instruction from the ER.

I’m so sorry! Your update sounded so promising...until it didn’t.
I’ve read how painful dislocations can be and I’m sure equally as frightening. With any luck you’re able to see your surgeon very early on in the week and hopefully gain some reassurance.
Take it easy and get lots of rest. I wish you comfort as you‘re dealing with this pain. I’ll include a couple articles on Dislocation from the BoneSmart Library -

Take good care!
@KisstheskyBrace

I am so sorry you are dealing with a dislocation and the pain. Sending positive vibes for healing and your upcoming appointment.

Like the rest, I'm sending you big cyber hugs, good mojo and prayers that your pain eases up and you get back to the job of healing.

Thank you everyone
I woke up yesterday feeling much better already. Today is a little better too. I'm still very sore, but I'm on my way to see my surgeon now and looking forward to getting some info and guidance.
Thank you all again for the words and prayers

Great news to read you’re feeling better. I hope your visit with the surgeon was re-assuring. Best wishes for a stronger steadier you. :)
@KisstheskyBrace

Okay so visit to my surgeon was very comforting. She explained how even though a dislocation is not common, it is a "normal" complication in the first 6 months... She said if it happens again then it's something we would be worried about.
She gave me some extra paperwork on precautions I can take when sitting/bending etc. I am a little sore still and probably aggravated some muscles that were still in a recovery stage, but definitely feeling better than I did the first day.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
EverHopeful
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom