Ughhhh! I am running a low grade fever tonight. It’s 9.5 weeks post op, and my incisions are perfectly healed, so I don’t think this is TKR related.
I only started leaving the house last Saturday. I literally went no where but PT and doctor’s appointments up until then. On Saturday evening my husband and I met another couple on an outdoor restaurant patio for drinks and dinner, wearing masks except when we were eating and drinking. Then on Tuesday I made my first trip since bilateral TKR to Target, wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer the whole time. It was supposed to be a quick run in for just some toiletries, but my husband asked if I could pick up some groceries while I was there. What should have been a 15 to 20 minute trip turned into an hour plus. It’s the longest I’ve walked so far, abd I over did it. I was really sore afterwards, so I iced and elevated a couple of times when I got home that evening.
On Wednesday at PT I was still really sore. I told my therapist about my outing and he went a little easier on my because I’d had such a big day. Today, Thursday, I’m still a bit sore, and I woke up with a headache, so I’ve been taking it easy and icing and elevating more than usual. At dinner time I told my son that I was really tired and felt cold (not unusual when I’ve been icing a lot). But by 8:00 I felt like I was going backwards pain wise this week. I just felt achey. Then I realized I’d forgotten to take my Advil and my Tylenol in the evening as scheduled. I was about 3 hours behind; I figured that was it. I went upstairs, took my meds, read for an hour and still felt achey. So I took my temperature. It’s 99.9 an hour after taking Advil. I’m supposed to have PT tomorrow, but I can’t go if I’ve had a fever. I need to figure out what’s going on. I may have to schedule a Covid test.
ETA - My fever broke at about 3:30 AM.