Recent content by oldrugbyprop

  1. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    Hi Maggie, Thought I'd drop by and say hi and see how your coming along. The sleep thing will come. 10 weeks was the turning point for me though from time to time I get twitchy knees as I call it in the middle of the night and I have to stroll around the house and do some squats to settle...
  2. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    Hey Maggie, Thanks for checking up on me. I've been busy getting ready for work and now am back to it. You must be seeing a big difference now eh. Your seven weeks out so are you starting to sleep good? I found eight weeks was like a switch was thrown and it all started to work again. Keep...
  3. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR Whats up with NOC

    Hey Chris 130 is excellent. Like Maggie said I took a pair of gel packs to work and I keep some Tylenol around just in case. Where you've got the great really great range but the sore right knee my ROM needs work but no pain walking or standing. Always seems to be a trade off. Good thing...
  4. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR and away I go.....

    Hey Chris, Just started back to work on Monday. The knees are doing good. Still a little stiff but holding up well. There are lots of stairs and ladders at work so they can get a little swollen at times. The weather here is playing hell with my arthritis. Doc switched me from Celebrex to...
  5. oldrugbyprop

    Weight lifting after BTKR????

    @Jamie I can still drink and sing badly but I won't be venturing on the field again. And I enjoy @Roy Gardiner 's sport of cycling. Around here its easier to do weights in the winter as sitting on a stationary bike has got old fast. Thank you both for getting back to me. I'll be careful I'm...
  6. oldrugbyprop

    Weight lifting after BTKR????

    Not my sport just trying to strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the knees. My sport was running through people then drinking Beer with them and singing rugby songs in the pub afterwards.
  7. oldrugbyprop

    Weight lifting after BTKR????

    Hi folks, What have people been told about lifting weights after TKR? I'm done with PT now and want to do strength training as well as my cardio. Specifically I'm interested in Squats, leg extensions, leg press, lying leg curls, thigh abductions and extensions? My PT had me doing these...
  8. oldrugbyprop

    TKR How am I doing?

    If you're in pain you won't do the necessary basic exercises. It will be hard to sleep or do anything. I'm sure one of the moderators will send you all the links to info. Pretty much the mantra to follow is rest ice and elevation. Good luck on the recovery, I'm 12 weeks in recovery from...
  9. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    You are definitely right about that Vinny always the best.
  10. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    You too Maggie, It's pretty amazing the difference now between pre and post operation eh.
  11. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    Hi Maggie, Great to see you doing so well. My PT suggested that style of massaging but mentioned elevating the legs at the same time to help the fluid drain. My main issue now is just the swelling. Weirdest thing mow is the weather is changing here and the moisture in the air is driving the...
  12. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR and away I go.....

    Bouncing around 120 for both depending on swelling. I've been doing leg extensions, abductions, squats and butterfly. They swell pretty good when I work them. I find the recumbent bike pedaling is back to pre-bad knee form. I'm very happy with the results and I'm sure with a few more months...
  13. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR and away I go.....

    How is the ROM now at 14 weeks Vinny?
  14. oldrugbyprop

    Bilateral TKR and away I go.....

    Not bad Vinny. Still swelling and icing. I'm back to work in 2 weeks so we'll see how that goes. lots of stairs, concrete floors and walking. I can say this with the weather changing and getting damper I can feel the arthritis everywhere but the knees. Can't wait for winter to end.
  15. oldrugbyprop

    Which Knee device

    For the elimination of pain and giving me my life back they are worth many times their weight in gold. I'm nine weeks out now and I was shoveling off the front porch today and realized I had no twinges, aches or instability. Mine are cemented Stryker Triathlons and honestly at 46 I probably...
Back
Top Bottom