Recent content by NuMe2014

  1. NuMe2014

    THR NuMe2014 Recovery

    I have a question for anyone who lives where you have "winter" with cold temperatures. Since having both of my hips replaced I find that any temp colder than around -15C makes the muscles around my new hips "cease up"! Does anyone else find that the cold affects their new joints? I remember...
  2. NuMe2014

    THR NuMe2014 Recovery

    Oh my, it is now just over the one year mark since I had my second hip replacement, and life is good! The first hip was almost a textbook recovery, by following the mantra of slow and steady.(this was easy to do since my recovery had to be slow because of my bad left hip). My second hip was...
  3. NuMe2014

    THR FAI + 2 scopes = THR

    Hi @aprilc I'm 13 months out from my right hip replacement and 9 months out from my left hip replacement. My right one has healed up nicely and feels totally normal. Now my left hip is a different story. I think I tried to do too much too soon with it and kept setting myself back.... I think...
  4. NuMe2014

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Hi @Constanze I am very happy to hear that your "new hip" is doing so well. I chuckled at your mention of the "Back to the Future" movies and about if a person had a hip replacement back in 1985. My Grandma had her first hip replacement in 1986 and her second one in 1988. She had very strict...
  5. NuMe2014

    THR NuMe2014 Recovery

    Wow, time flies when life starts to get back normal! I thought I would give a little update on my thread now that I am just past my one year anniversary of my first hip replacement. A little over a year ago I found this wonderful forum, while I was just a couple weeks into my recovery of my...
  6. NuMe2014

    Two THR...What should my expectations be after the first??

    Hi @Mike315 Just over a year ago I had my right hip done and then 19 weeks later I had my left one done. Like you, I was using a cane before my surgery and letting my left hip be the strong one. After my first surgery I used a walker for a few weeks and then started to use my cane again. I...
  7. NuMe2014

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Glad to hear you are getting a chance to do a little more now. You have had quite a " journey"! Even though I have not had the additional problems that you have had my second hip still gets a bit sore, but that is because I try to push it a bit too much! Even at 8 months post-op it still tells...
  8. NuMe2014

    2nd hip replacement November

    Two replacements are great! You will be pain free and have the freedom to do what you want!
  9. NuMe2014

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Hi @copsham Sorry I have not commented on your thread in weeks, but when I have had a chance I try to read what is happening with you. I am so sorry about your foot, what a setback both physically and mentally for you, and not being able to go on your trip is just awful, but you have been...
  10. NuMe2014

    Left hip needs done, have to settle CRPS first

    Happy Birthday @Legin I hope you had a special day filled with laughter, fun, friends and loved ones.
  11. NuMe2014

    THR NuMe2014 Recovery

    Hi all, well last year at this time all I was doing was sitting in my recliner on a heating pad popping pain meds and waiting to have my first of two hip surgeries. But this year I am......walking 2 miles a day, gardening, lawn mowing, a little bit of biking, swimming at the lake and hiking with...
  12. NuMe2014

    THR My Hip Trip - Second Verse

    @HollyB I just dropped in to check on how your recovery is going? I will assume no new news is good news! I have been spending quite a bit of time up at the lake, swimming and a little bit of hiking(with a walking pole). Just home for a few days to weed garden, cut grass and stock up on some...
  13. NuMe2014

    Does Poor Muscle Tone Effect Recovery?

    I do have a pre-op thread on here if you want to read about my hip journey and I have a recovery one on the other side that I have not posted on for a while now... I'm kind of busy these days living life again...and you will too
  14. NuMe2014

    Does Poor Muscle Tone Effect Recovery?

    @Cynthia777 I just thought I would comment on your question regarding muscle tone before surgery. I had my right hip done last Sept 2014 and my left one done January 2015. Up until a year before my first surgery I was very active with day to day activities, walked 3 miles every day and...
  15. NuMe2014

    THR Nerve problems

    Ok so I had to Google "hover mower" ! I never heard of them! I learned something new today! From what I have learned this would be a lot easier than a conventional push or even self propelled mower.
Back
Top Bottom