Recent content by Nomorepain67

  1. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Hello All Today is the eve of my one year anniversary for my bilateral total knee replacement surgery :wowspring:I cannot believe a whole year has gone by and how this time last year this night was one of nerves, excitement and possibilities. Now one year later, I can say with all my heart I...
  2. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Hello All Where does the time go? I can't believe I am approaching my 9 month anniversary!! As many have said before it is amazing when you reach the point where your knees no longer rule your life. I have some stiffness and discomfort at times but nothing like before surgery. My greatest...
  3. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Happy New Year BoneSmart buddies!! :martini: Happy 5 month anniversary for my new knees. Yesterday was also my 21st wedding anniversary. It's amazing how quickly the post surgery time goes. Most things are back to normal and almost every day I am thankful for my new knees. Much of my heaviness &...
  4. Nomorepain67

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    Hi speedy2 Sorry to hear your return has been bumpy. I had the luxury to do part time from home & increase my office time gradually. The aches and pains come and go with each day. Sometimes sitting too much hurts, sometimes walking too much hurts. Never seems to be a pattern. I definitely was...
  5. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Today marks my 4 month birthday for my new knees. Seems my slacker right leg decided to finally catch up with my left, celebrated with 130 ROM in both last week. Find myself in the ODIC this weekend but what a great weekend. Got to go to the Badger / Penn State football game yesterday, made the...
  6. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR BTKR Week 14

    Hi Jorettathom Welcome to the other side. So glad to hear you are doing well. As a fellow bilateral please remember to take it easy. The better you feel the more you want to do and it is a very fine line between just right and too much. You will have ups and downs but almost 4 months out now I...
  7. Nomorepain67

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    Hi Brenda cycling67 Still struggling with the p-word? How about some others like purple (my favorite), positive, progress, potential.... I know it is so easy to get stuck on the numbers. I am a week ahead of you and at 124 left and 118 right and I've been there a few weeks. The PT measured my...
  8. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Hi Deb scaredinCA Keep your eye on the prize and keep track of your improved function - that's what it's all about any way. The whole reason we put ourselves thru this in the first place. As I went to the floor I was laughing inside of all the visions folks had shared of getting stuck and...
  9. Nomorepain67

    TKR kar's new knee: a love story

    Hi kar1963 and speedy2 Glad to hear things continue to improve for both of you. Kar glad the MUA is showing results. I am back to work full time now but have great flexibility to ice or elevate when needed and can switch to work at home if needed. Mostly sitting at my desk with some driving...
  10. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Hello All 111 days, 15 weeks or 3.5 months - hard to believe they are the same thing yet seem so different. Where does the time go? It has been an amazing journey and what a difference in perspective that time and healing brings. Early on I was here at BoneSmart several times a day wondering...
  11. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

    Hi Shannon Twinsanity I also had BTKR way back on Aug 1st. I also used a hard dining room chair. If I was on the couch I could slide onto the hard chair and it was much easier to push myself up. You will be amazed each week as things improve, especially looking back. Best wishes, Stacie
  12. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

    Hi Shannon Twinsanity Hang in there, it will get better!!!! I know it is hard to see the light right now, particularly with the poor pain control. I am not a doctor but I know Motrin and Percocet are not in the same family. Motrin is in the NSAID family and Percocet has acetaminophen...
  13. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR Just over 8 weeks post BTKR

    Hi GDawg it's time Holy smokes 130+ at 8 weeks? That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I am 12 weeks out and hanging out about 120 in my left and 115 in my right. You are extremely blessed to have that kind of ROM. I am back to work 20 hours per weeks and find that two back to back long days are...
  14. Nomorepain67

    Bilateral TKR oh, my rattlin' bones

    Hi annabella2 Sorry to hear about your scary experience with the percocet. Keep working with your OS to find what works for you, many people have documented reactions to various meds. Like Josephine, I am 3 months out from surgery (I had BTKR) and still use pain meds at least once a day. The...
  15. Nomorepain67

    TKR A New Chapter Begins

    Hi crystals5 Take the pain meds as needed, particularly for sleeping because without sleep, everything else seems so much more difficult. I know for myself, the better I felt, the more I did because it felt good in the moment. There is a very fine line between just right and too much and...
Back
Top Bottom