Nomorepain67
member
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2013
- Messages
- 165
- Age
- 59
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hello All
Today is the eve of my one year anniversary for my bilateral total knee replacement surgery
I cannot believe a whole year has gone by and how this time last year this night was one of nerves, excitement and possibilities. Now one year later, I can say with all my heart I have no regrets. To those of you waiting for your surgery date, I wish you a smooth and successful journey. To those of you who have already crossed to the other side, thanks so much for your words of wisdom and encouragement on this journey that was at times frightening, painful and frustrating. With your support I made it through and am living a much more active life. My knee pain is minimal or non-existent and no longer rules my life. I can walk farther and more often than I could even dream about for the past ten years. I toured the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago with my Girl Scouts on Tuesday and today spent all day at the WI State Fair with my family - many hours of walking and standing with no pain.
Even the many hours of driving were not a problem when this time last year none of this would have been possible, especially without pain meds or being laid up for days afterward.
BoneSmart is a great way to get the support you need when you need it and knowing you are not alone on your journey. Wishing all of you pain free days...
Stacie
Today is the eve of my one year anniversary for my bilateral total knee replacement surgery
I cannot believe a whole year has gone by and how this time last year this night was one of nerves, excitement and possibilities. Now one year later, I can say with all my heart I have no regrets. To those of you waiting for your surgery date, I wish you a smooth and successful journey. To those of you who have already crossed to the other side, thanks so much for your words of wisdom and encouragement on this journey that was at times frightening, painful and frustrating. With your support I made it through and am living a much more active life. My knee pain is minimal or non-existent and no longer rules my life. I can walk farther and more often than I could even dream about for the past ten years. I toured the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago with my Girl Scouts on Tuesday and today spent all day at the WI State Fair with my family - many hours of walking and standing with no pain.
Even the many hours of driving were not a problem when this time last year none of this would have been possible, especially without pain meds or being laid up for days afterward.BoneSmart is a great way to get the support you need when you need it and knowing you are not alone on your journey. Wishing all of you pain free days...
Stacie
