Recent content by nmscienceteacher

  1. nmscienceteacher

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Butterfly I decided to forgo the pt post op...$40 a session and I really didn't have time. Have done fairly well. May go to a pt who is a friend for some soft tissue work if the thigh pain keeps up. Have done fairly well with just walking. Am about to start swimming again...but I didn't have a...
  2. nmscienceteacher

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Yea....take care of yourself...you are on the road to recovery and this time you don't have another imminent surgery staring at you! Have a gentle day.
  3. nmscienceteacher

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Glad you are home MIlli. Rest, rest and rest some more.
  4. nmscienceteacher

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Butterfly, thinking of you tonight as I work on school stuff far too late...hope you are reclining in drugged bliss in the hospital now...hope to hear from you soon that it all went smoothly. Best....vick
  5. nmscienceteacher

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Butterfly, don't worry...I tested positive the first time and they had folks gown up till my doc looked at the results and said I didn't really have MRSA...or at least not anything that would cause a problem with my knee replacement. Will think of you tomorrow and watch for your first slurry...
  6. nmscienceteacher

    THR Rockin again

    Haven't been on the forum in quite a while...life has been too full. I am on round two of dad collapsing (cause still unknown), being unresponsive for close to two hours this time, being hospitalized for close to a week and now back in rehab. Dont know how long he will be in rehab. Am sure...
  7. nmscienceteacher

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Hope all went well and that you are resting comfortably on your first night with a new hip.
  8. nmscienceteacher

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Hey butterfly, glad you are fluttering on the other side. First days may be a bit rocky as you get used to your wings but you see almost daily improvement and surgical pain is better than bone pain any day. Thinking of you today...hope all the pre op goes smoothly. Sending prayers your way.
  9. nmscienceteacher

    New here and terrified

    Jozilla what a cute picture...dog/ baby love is so special!
  10. nmscienceteacher

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Yaks, there is a national organization called home instead that is usually pretty good. Your county or nearest city should have an office of senior affairs that should have lots of good information on caretakers. The other issue you need to watch is prescription drugs hanging around. Keep your...
  11. nmscienceteacher

    THR Rockin again

    Three month update from an unusually wet New Mexico....our state has been hit hard with record rain and we are flooding all over the place! Saw my surgeon this week and he did X-rays on the new knee and hip to make sure there is bone growth happening. Everything looks good and I feel I am doing...
  12. nmscienceteacher

    New here and terrified

    Butterfly just checking in on you to see how you are fairing. You are definitely in countdown stage now. Less than a month...let me know if there is anything I can do to help...feel free to call if you want. Can't have my fellow burquean feeling blue and unsupported! Enjoy the beginning of fall...
  13. nmscienceteacher

    THR Rockin again

    The nap got put on hold in favor of picking a colander full of two kinds of parsley, and two kinds of sage to dry. I also picked tomatoes, some green chili, and several bunches of grapes. The gardens look a bit end of season scruffy right now, but they have a lot of produce in them! Makes for...
  14. nmscienceteacher

    THR Rockin again

    Saw my OS on Thursday and he assured me that my knee is okay...but I am doing far too much and it is rightfully complaining to me. sigh...I have to admit that I thought that after 9 months it would be farther along than it is. I guess having the hip done barely 7 months after the knee was...
  15. nmscienceteacher

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Nylsor we absolutely have to abandon the five * for a jaunt to Paros in the Cyclades. I hear it has changed greatly since I was there in the 70's and is a fancy place now...but I really yearn to see it again. We can sit in the cafe on the waterfront and watch the boys beat the octopus you will...
Back
Top Bottom