Recent content by NewHip19

  1. NewHip19

    THR Not sure if this is normal fatigue

    Hi KathyD I went back to work early too, at 3 weeks but worked from home 3/5 days until about 5 weeks. I didn't have that much of a commute, but I was extremely tired. I'd come home drained and go to bed early. I also wondered if it "wasn't normal, " but finally I realized, hey, you've been...
  2. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    All clear! Got xrays and saw my operating surgeon on Thursday. While waiting in the examining room, I took a picture of the new xray (conveniently displayed on his desktop) and compared it with the photo I'd taken of my 7 week follow-up xray. They were exactly the same, so I knew right then and...
  3. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    thanks for checking in @Layla I had a great 7 week follow-up, surgeon said I was ahead of the game. I got back to doing everything pretty normally, but then this past Friday I had a misstep going down the stairs in my house and dropped 2 steps down, onto my operated leg with full weight. Pain...
  4. NewHip19

    THR Granny6's recovery thread

    Good for you, @Granny6 - that is fantastic that your pain level is low and you are sleeping well. Both those things are SO important, way to go! Sounds like you are doing well with your mobility, too. Wishing you a continued smooth recovery :)
  5. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    @Jaycey yes, I did look through those and found some helpful tips. One helpful tip was, "right now it's about you, it's not about him," which applies to my situation as hubby is so eager to resume that I now feel pressured. At the same time, I don't feel ready yet but feel bad that I don't as I...
  6. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    Thanks for following up and noting my one month anniversary @Layla I'm continuing to do well and make progress on my mobility. I've been practicing walking without the cane indoors and doing slightly longer walks in the city with the gain. My main concern right now is that I would like to be...
  7. NewHip19

    THR Granny6's recovery thread

    Sounds like things are going great so far for you, @Granny6! I hope all continues to go well. My only advice is to keep things positive (like it sounds like you are doing) and avoid becoming a member of the Overdoers Club!
  8. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    Progress Update - at 3 weeks, 4 days after surgery I am feeling pretty good. I'm walking with cane only and periodically walk short distances without it. I can drive and now have reached another milestone. I'm completely off opiods. I had not taken any for a few days but had a bit of a crisis...
  9. NewHip19

    THR THR 3 weeks out

    @smokey1, sounds like FL is a much better place for you to be right now! I can relate, as I hope to begin swimming when the weather gets warmer (can't stand going out into the cold after being in a nice warm pool). I'd also like to get back to the seated elliptical again, as that helped so much...
  10. NewHip19

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    @luvinlex totally agree about how accomplishing small chores can make such a difference. Keeping spirits up is quite a process, and that has been very helpful for me as well. Glad you had someone around to support you in that way. @Korky51, I'm not surprised that in the UK there is a lot of...
  11. NewHip19

    THR One week post op

    Julie, I agree with @Eman85 that advancements in recovery help a lot with feeling better about things. One thing that has helped me is to celebrate each milestone, no matter how small. For example I am so proud of myself when I can make a simple meal for my husband and me. It makes me feel like...
  12. NewHip19

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    @1stSurgery @bickypeg that pumpkin puree sounds worth trying! I will look for it on my next trip to the grocery store....um...I mean, my first trip to the grocery store after surgery :) Would that typically be found in the baking supplies aisle?
  13. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    @GrannyC You are so right about this forum! I find that each time I go back to the guidelines the mods post, I learn more. And, the support of other members really buoys my spirits--something else to be grateful for and take in "for the journey."
  14. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    thank you, @prairienut - over many years (now more than half my life) I have become thoroughly convinced that keeping a positive attitude even when things seem soooooo hard is the only way to go!
  15. NewHip19

    THR NewHip19's Recovery Journey

    @Debru thanks, yes I am very fortunate with work in that I can work from home whenever I want (even meetings are phone or web conferences). One thing I learned from yesterday is that walking on sidewalks and pavements is very different than walking inside the house. So, I'm going to gradually...
Back
Top Bottom