Recent content by newhip126

  1. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    Hi all, catching up on threads and wanted to respond to those friendly faces out there. I’m doing well. Still on pain meds but reducing weekly with help from dr. He’s been a great resource for me through all this, my pain dr. I won’t see OS til beginning of April. Doing my exercises at my pace...
  2. newhip126

    THR Double Hippie Now

    @Kikki It’s scary getting up the first time. You’ll feel better being at home. Congrats on your surgery!!
  3. newhip126

    THR Hike’s Recovery

    @hikejunkie We reading posts and thinking of your recovery. How’s it going for you?
  4. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    @Mojo333 @Layla Dr visit was good. They gave me no problems about refilling my pain meds. I go back Thursday which seems quick but dr needs to see me weekly for pain meds and make sure I’m ok. I don’t mind going so we are all on same page. Mentally I’ve turned a corner. I’m really doing ok...
  5. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    @MammaT I do feel better today. Thank you. I’m keeping a daily journal and sometimes wonder how many people are in my head - guess it depends on the day....lol @hikejunkie I’m surprised there’s no gashes on my leg. Surgeon did a good job. @Mojo333 Feeling better. Going to dr office for...
  6. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    Here’s a correction in Tylenol dosage - I meant 24 hour time period, not 12 hours. Oops. Lol. Actually could wait 4 hours between oxy dosage this time. All I have is surgical pain, not much swelling, and incision looks to me very clean. Let’s check on some others now....
  7. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    @Jaycey I elevate and take pain meds by the clock, I don’t wait until I hurt, I ice whenever I’m awake and the swelling has gone down considerably. The pain I feel is stinging, burning in my incision, stabbing pains down the front of my knee and thigh - there are 6 ice packs getting a good...
  8. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    Hi all, Wanted to check in on everyone, but didn’t get far. I know I just had major surgery, but my mood is so low, my pain so high that I’m worried. I know addiction issues cause me to need higher medications, but comparing myself to everyone else is frustrating. I’m reading where 4 days after...
  9. newhip126

    THR Hike’s Recovery

    @hikejunkie I’m so glad recovery is going well for you. I’m completely jealous and crying my eyes out, but happy just the same. I’ll post on my thred about my dysfunctions but wanted to give my thoughts on anxiety you’re going through. I think realizing you’ll be alone once your son leaves is...
  10. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    Thanks for checking in on me. I appreciate all the well wishes. Today (Thursday) was rough but at one point I had pain of zero and one point of joking with my bf when he said “tonight’s going too easily and feel like we are missing something”. I agreed and figured out my being miserable was the...
  11. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    @Mojo333 I could have used a friendly face after surgery. I’m home now, and it’s rough. My heart rate went up as the oxygen saturation level went down. Dr thought I was throwing a clot so did ekg and checked blood (?) and finally decided the stress and anxiety of surgical services combined...
  12. newhip126

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    OS assured me he is following pain management dr protocol to the “t”, which there must be a disconnect somewhere. Pain dr wrote for long acting morphine, every other coverage would addressed by 15 mg oxy every 3 hours. I got no morphine Monday although nurses insist I got it last night...
  13. newhip126

    Janet’s Journey, Part 2

    @Mojo333 @MammaT pain is out of control, and I promise I’m not lying to get more meds. Pain management dr wrote detailed instructions and they aren’t being followed. Catch you on other side.
  14. newhip126

    Janet’s Journey, Part 2

    @Layla @MammaT @AgilityDog @Mojo333 @anny @hikejunkie All is well. Waiting on my meal, I’m starving. Will write more later. Very painful. Not following pain management guidelines already. Oh well, they’re giving 10 mg oxy every 4 hours. That’ll have to do for now. Night.
  15. newhip126

    Janet’s Journey, Part 2

    @AgilityDog I love the cheering section, I’m the one dancing on my head!! Lol Thank you!!
Back
Top Bottom