THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

You are doing well...glad things are easing for you soon.
Don't forget to ice all you can!
Hope your week is healing and sweet!:tada:
 
You sound better this morning @newhip126. You will notice improvements. Sometimes they may seem small to you, but they are all milestones for us. Give yourself time.
 
Wow. For being one surgical day ahead of me, that scar is awesome. I don’t even see bruising! I wouldn’t even think of posting mine. Mesh stuff starting to fray a bit, glue, sharpie marks, various blends of blue, black, violet, red, purple bruising running down outer thigh.
 
@MammaT

I do feel better today. Thank you. I’m keeping a daily journal and sometimes wonder how many people are in my head - guess it depends on the day....lol

@hikejunkie

I’m surprised there’s no gashes on my leg. Surgeon did a good job.

@Mojo333

Feeling better. Going to dr office for more meds so should be an interesting outing. Have a good day!
 
Hi Janet,
It's so nice that you're feeling better.
I hope you have a positive visit with your doctor today.
Wishing you comfort and peace!
@newhip126
 
I'm glad you are feeling better.
Being upfront about issues should not cause you to be penalized for needed meds.
You've got this girl!:roseshwr:
 
@Mojo333
@Layla

Dr visit was good. They gave me no problems about refilling my pain meds. I go back Thursday which seems quick but dr needs to see me weekly for pain meds and make sure I’m ok. I don’t mind going so we are all on same page.

Mentally I’ve turned a corner. I’m really doing ok and no more feeling down. My incision was burning a lot after the bandage was removed, but it’s getting better. Little by little I’m doing well. Day by day I can feel progress. Doing my exercises which feel really good on my swelled leg. Ice feels better than anything.

Only had 1 pt appoint, they move so fast. I’m not ready for a cane yet. We are doing this on my schedule. I’m in charge. Here’s to tomorrow.......
 
Hi!
All wonderful news! So happy to hear things are running smoothly
and that you're feeling better emotionally. Noticing progress is such a mood booster.
I'm also happy to hear you're the boss, not the PT. You're going to do great, Janet :yes!:
Hope the rest of your week is good! :)
@newhip126
 
:egypdance:
Here we go toward healthy and happy!
Glad you are taking charge of your recovery!
Hope today is a Good Day:SUNsmile:
 
Nice update @newhip126. Glad you have made the mental turn. I think that is a critical part of recovery.
 
Stopping by to say :hi:
Hope the past couple days have been good and that your pain is well managed.
Wishing you comfort and a nice end to the week!
@newhip126
 
Hi Janet. Hope all is well with you.
Let's see...almost two weeks.
Still super sore thighs...restless legs while reclining...stutter steps as things tighten up when sitting for extended period...log leg?
Am I close?
Are you getting some real sleep or still doing the multi powernap thing?
Hope your weekend is relaxing.
Update us when you are able!:flwrysmile:
 
Hey Janet...
Dropping by to say :wave:
Thinking of you and wondering how you've been over the past week and a half.
Shoot us an update when you're able.
Hope your weekend is good!
@newhip126
 
Hi all, catching up on threads and wanted to respond to those friendly faces out there.

I’m doing well. Still on pain meds but reducing weekly with help from dr. He’s been a great resource for me through all this, my pain dr. I won’t see OS til beginning of April. Doing my exercises at my pace and not at anyone else’s and in my own time. Have had some pt issues that I’m working on fixing.

I may try returning to school April 3 instead of waiting til next offer which is January 2019. All this laying has caused 15 pounds to attach itself to my thighs and stomach. Moving on a regular, gentle schedule will do wonders for weight I think.

Talk soon!
 
Better be glad you checked in Janet.
About ready to hunt you up:heehee:
Glad all is going well:hi:
 
Glad you are doing well @newhip126. Sounds like your pain med doc has been terrific during this.
 
So nice to hear from you. :wave:
It sounds as though you're doing well.
Keep up the good work and stay in touch.
Best wishes for a great week!
@newhip126
 
:hi:@newhip126
Haven't heard from you in a while and was hoping that all was well with you.
Please pop in and let us knows how things are going!
Hopefully you are busy being back to life!:yes!:
 
Back
Top Bottom