Recent content by New KNee in NE

  1. N

    TKR Postop from TKR and haemothrosis

    I had bleeding in my left TKR about a week after the surgery because of poor advice from the hospital on my blood thinner dosage. The surgery was in September 2013. This past February that knee stopped supporting my weight as I went up and down the stairs. After a nuclear scan of some kind my...
  2. N

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    I used frozen water bottles in my ice machine with my most recent TKR. I didn't have to change the water out as often. I still did it once a day, but the bottles needed to be changed out twice a day. I just left the same water in there for one of the changes because the water level didn't...
  3. N

    TKR sleep oh elusive sleep!

    With both of my TKRs I asked for and received a prescription for Ambien. I had heard some scary stuff about Ambien, but I felt it was worth a try. It worked really well for me, I had a small dose and it would knock me out for about four hours and most nights I would get a few more hours sleep...
  4. N

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Good for you, DogLover, we should all be elated that you have found something that is helping your recovery. I am seven weeks out from my second TKR and the therapist caused some pain in my recovery from the first and he is causing some pain in my recovery from the second. But there are other...
  5. N

    TKR A new chapter begins - 16 Dec 2014

    Don't get too caught up in other people's ROM or flex or pain levels, every knee is different. I had LTKR in September of 2013 and RTKR five weeks ago and they have been two completely different recoveries. In my experience, just do what the PTs and DRs tell you with a healthy dose of icing...
  6. N

    TKR Not quite 3 weeks post-op

    My experiences are a lot like yours. I was younger than most of the people who have this surgery and my numbers were about the same as yours. After two weeks of in home therapy, I started out patient therapy. They pushed and pulled and had me doing quite a few exercises that were...
  7. N

    TKR 2 Month Post Op 1st post

    Melatonin. My son took it when he was a teenager. Some nights it worked well, other nights not at all. But it is OTC and readily available and he had no side effects from taking it.
  8. N

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    At the eight week mark my OS took fluid from my knee to test for infection and told me it would take two full weeks to get an answer. After ten days he called (he's a friend of mine) and said that it looked good, but he would let me know for sure in a few days. After fifteen days he called...
  9. N

    TKR Never Ending Infection

    I've taken Coumadin or a generic alternative for about ten years. I get my blood checked monthly and I swear you can just never tell what the levels are going to be. Yes, Vitamin K can change your numbers, but there are any number of other things that can as well. Are you eating differently...
  10. N

    TKR LKTR 5 Months Out

    One thing that I've learned from this site is that there is no such thing as a normal recovery. My LTKR was on 9/16/2013 and I'm on Warfarin (a blood thinner) also. I'm on it because I have an artificial aortic valve and so I have been on it for about ten years and will be on it for hopefully...
  11. N

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    I am doing well, thank you. My PT was done the first week of December and I go to the gym two or three times a week and ride an exercise bike or march and swim in the pool for thirty or forty minutes. My OS has had me marching in the pool since a month after surgery and I look kind of goofy...
  12. N

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    DogLoverx3- I found this site about three weeks ago because I was looking for a template on how I should be feeling as I move forward in my recovery. Little did I know that there is no such thing. I've been following your thread for a couple of weeks now because you and I are close to the same...
Back
Top Bottom