Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DogLoverx3 So glad you have a good contact at the OS's office. Rocky Point sounds wonderful--it's our closest beach! We are just back from Ruidoso --felt good to get away :)
Take care. :puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze:
 
Thanks @Pumpkln , I will start looking for a revision specialist. That's how I originally found my OS as I figured I'd need another TKR or revision or whatever down the road since I'm on the younger side of this surgery, so I wanted someone who was well versed in revisions. Who knew I'd need one so soon though. Guess I'm back to the drawing board as the 'other' ones I didn't go with are out. Could use some help though on finding one. Maybe @Jamie could offer some suggestions in the Phoenix area for me? I think I want a revision surgeon not affiliated with The Core. And no, I'm not jumping to any conclusions (an oddity for me, I know), but I think I should get a 2nd opinion on what's going on (or not going on as the case may be) and it should be someone versed in revisions should it ever come to that.

Thanks @MS Char . Believe me, if I had the option of NOT working while trying to recover, I would. That's just not how my reality is though. If I don't work, I have no $$. I am very much looking forward to my weekend away. I have 1 more large function to survive on Thursday and then if I'm still alive, we leave Friday morning for those water exercises. ;-)

@dogwheels ! How are you feeling, my friend? I know how frustrating this all must be for you and I'm so sorry that you've had this set back. I'm hoping that you are progressing well. Haha, you and i are both self diagnosticians (ellen original word i think). I was mucking around at PT trying to figure out if it's one of the many (who knew there was more than one) hamstring muscles or the popliteal (or whatever it's called) thingie getting pinched in my robo-parts. When I looked up a picture of how the P thing wraps around the knee, it sure seems like that would be the culprit. As for results on my labs ........ still nothing. :-(

@Nana moon 27 , so glad you are getting some rest!! Enjoy your lack of stairs and time away!

Thanks @Chihuahuan - Rocky Point is my closest ocean as well. I'm very much looking forward to laying by/in the pool and doing absolutely nothing. A book, a cocktail, some sunscreen, listening to the waves and the ocean and I'll be a happy happy lady. Even if I can't walk on the beach or go IN the ocean, just being near it will do me good.

My knee has not been nice today and I assume will hate me even more by Friday. Tomorrow consists of cooking. And cooking. And loading equipment. Oh, and did I mention cooking? I'll do what I can sitting down, but it will still be a lot of up and down regardless. Thursday will just be ugly. No way around it. I've overstaffed, so I'm hoping to just delegate from the kitchen area and have my staff do most everything.

My kneecap has been hurting at night. It's odd - doesn't hurt during the day, but at night it burns, aches and has sharp pains.

Anyway, that's my list of complaints for today. ;-) I hope everyone is well and your knees are behaving! xoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@doglover3. Hey I'm with you with that martini group. We could all set our watches at a certain time and drink up. Hope you're feeling better and some good results and remember there is a reason for everything and god only gives these hard things to people who can take it. Be well my friend. I think it's about that time somewhere in the country for a cocktail. I'm starting now!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Thanks so much @susanne ! Have one for me! Or two.....:heehee:

And you're right, there is a reason for everything and god only gives what one can handle, I'm just not sure who I should cry 'uncle' to! :umm:
 
You sound strong enough that you can handle just about anything. Proud of you. It's 12:30 am and I'm just wishing I was tired enough to sleep. Hoping my mini cocktail will do the trick


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Uhm, since it's been 7 days and there's still no word, does that mean that an infection has been found?
Tsk! Tsk! (she says shaking index finger like a school marm....) Don't try to read things into the time it's taking!! Labs allow ample time to see if something blossoms in the test. It can take a week or more. The length of time it's taking could just mean nothing is growing, you know!! Don't let your brain get out of control. I know you're concerned....((((HUGS))))
 
Thanks @susanne. I actually don't handle a lot of things well but if I don't, then who will? I've dug myself into a little bit of a hole on that one for many years now - everyone thinks I can handle everything just fine, so no one thinks to offer to help (and I am horrible at asking for help as I don't like to inconvenience people) when in reality, it's all a bit of an act. Shhhhhh, don't tell ........ ;-)

Thanks @Jamie ~ I know and I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions ~ it would just be nice to know one way or the other. Labs aside, I would like to get that annoying pinching thing figured out as it hurts and is hugely annoying when it happens with every other step. Is it possible to get tendons/muscles/whatevers caught in between 'the parts'? Since it all started when my OS jiggled my leg from side to side at week 6 (and still doesn't believe me that it's happening), I think maybe something that was originally wrapped around the implant is now getting caught inside/between it.....
 
Here is a suggestion to check out:

Dr. David Camarata
Arizona Bone and Joint Specialists

I don't have any personal recommendations for Phoenix. But I'm sure we can find someone useing the BoneSmart Clinic Locator.
 
Funny you suggested him. He was the last 'interview' I had set up before deciding on a surgeon and I felt I was getting overwhelmed with information, so I cancelled my consultation with him and never met. Thank you for reminding me - he's supposed to be good.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 your weekend break sounds great you will need it after Thursday then you can relax and enjoy, hope you hear from your O.S soon, would love a cocktail but on antibiotics for dental treatment, will have to wait till next week take care x
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - thanks for your good wishes. I am fine but this is so S-L-O-W ..... I am being very careful, the PTs are being very careful, my family are all telling me to be very careful - and I just want to get on! This is my new motto:

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying


Trouble is, it's me that needs the patience!
After todays hydro, everything in my knee seems to have started clunking a bit again (it's been silent since it went stupid). I'm hoping this is a sign that the internal mess is calming down and I can start to bend in earnest!!

I've been thinking of you - still no news of the tests I suppose, but no news is good news?? It is so hard waiting to learn what is going on, and that inner 'self diagnostician' trait that we share is sure to be working overtime.
Just tomorrow for you to get through and then a lovely weekend away. I so hope that you have a relaxing but fun time to take your mind off everything that's going on.
Take care - :friends:
X
 
At the eight week mark my OS took fluid from my knee to test for infection and told me it would take two full weeks to get an answer. After ten days he called (he's a friend of mine) and said that it looked good, but he would let me know for sure in a few days. After fifteen days he called back and said there was no infection, but he also told me they would keep the sample for a full month to see if any infection developed. Luckily nothing ever showed up, but it does take two full weeks for them to get a definitive answer.
 
I'm on one of my many 'mini breaks' from cooking today to rest my knee and thought I'd check in.

Thank you so much @New KNee in NE for the information, that helps to control my worry. I so appreciate you letting me know!! Glad yours came up negative, btw! Hopefully we can make it 2 for 2 :-) I'm just resigning myself to not hearing anything until my followup on the 8th. Boo.

@dogwheels , when you find that patience thing, please forward some on to me! I think the clunking coming back is a GOOD sign! I always felt that the clunking started when the internal swelling started to diminish, thus letting the 'parts' move/clunk around more freely! I'm glad all of your therapists are being gentle and patient with you! Hopefully SLOW = Long Lasting, so once you get your bend back, you won't lose it again!!

Thank you @yiayia3 ! I can't wait for Friday. I have a feeling I'm going to be in a world of hurt by Friday morning, but I have the backseat reserved just for me, I'm taking all my pain meds, my cane & my crutches (yikes, how packing for a trip to mexico has changed), so even if they have to wheel me out to the beach, I'll make it happen! :-)

I hope everyone is doing well and had a good day! Oh, and @susanne , you asked where my 'name' came from - I'm assuming you're referring to Dogloverx3 and not Ellen :heehee: - I do animal rescue, love dogs and I have 3 of my own, so x3 :)
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I have something to tell you. This morning I woke up crying with the pain. He said what's wrong I said I'm in the most terrible pain. Anyway he just lay there. And I thought to myself. I don't need him to do stuff grudgingly for me...Ellen copes with all this and worse and more and just deals with it. So you know what, like you my friend, I got up crying with the pain, cos it was even worse when I stood up! I went into the kitchen area got some breakfast for myself, a glass of water and my pain killers. I got into bed he said I'd have done that for you, through my tears I said don't worry yourself it's dealt with. The next thing he was up like a rocket and made me a cup of tea and a slice of toast! Creep! Too late mate! You gave me the strength to do this and I thank you x

Today was my three month ankneeversary and ididn't realise! I've posted on my thread. It's sounds sort of positive .
I hope today has gone well for you and I hope your staff have earnt their salaries today! Delegation good for you and them. I do do admire how you carry on and keep everything going. Well done Ellen x x x

I hope you get results soon.

Take care love Nana moon 27 XOXOX :puppysmooze:
 
@DogLoverx3 - Hope you:
  1. Are not hurting too much from your busy day.
  2. Get a half decent night's sleep tonight
  3. Have your swimmers, water wings and clean underwear packed!
  4. That you have a splendiferously wonderful weekend - you so deserve it!
Take care, try not to worry, take your meds (or alternatively forget them and drink yourself into blissful oblivion) have a rest and enjoy yourself.

XXOOXX
 
Hello all. Uhm, last night was a bit of a nightmare. My client has marble floors :shocked:but even worse, my well devised system of having pain meds in 3 locations (car, upstairs, downstairs) failed me and I found out (of course, not until I got to my client's house) that my 'car supply' was OUT! I had nothing with me!! Needless to say, 7 hours later and I was a miserable ball of pain.

It's 3:30am here and as I've been unable to sleep due to the pain in my knee (I came home and iced and took an oxy), I'm back downstairs cleaning up and finally packing for my trip which I leave for in 4 hours :dancy:I CANNOT wait to have an entire weekend to just relax and do nothing but enjoy the sights, sounds and smell of the ocean. And a cocktail or 4. :whistle:

@Ellejay, I hope you have a wondeful trip!
@dogwheels , I hope you have a great weekend and I expect to return to read glowing reports about your knee
@yiayia3 I hope you have a terrific weekend as well!
@Nana moon 27 , I hope your caravan is doing you and your knee some good. Do you know when your OS appointment is going to be? I read where you woke up in terrible pain and that concerns me. I'm glad your husband hopped to it and was appropriately contrite after having you get your own breakfast when you woke up in pain.

To everyone else I haven't tagged, Suzanne, Susanne, Glazed, Ice, Karringtyn, McIrish, SaltyAl, Chihuahuan and everyone else I'm forgetting (give me a break, it's 3:30am!), I hope you all have wonderful weekends full of fun and laughter and very little knee pain! xoxoxoxo

Viva La Mexico!!!:martini:
 
I hope you have a great weekend!!!!! I do have to say, I am worried about you and your kneecap pain and you overdoing it. I know all about HAVING to work....boy do I. I have 4.5 weeks and I NEED to return to work.....I could go on a long tangent here, but I will spare you it...lol I don't want to hijack your thread.....


Thinking of you xoxoox
 
Do be sure that you're not mixing those delightful Mexican cocktails and your pain meds, okay??? I'm hoping the majority of your time is spent plopped in a chair somewhere enjoying the waves breaking on the beach. You most certainly need the down time!! Hope you enjoy it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom