So last night I went to turn off the light and brushed my i-phone off the dresser and into the dark depths between my bed and my dresser. It is a tight fir, barely an inch between. That phone had to hit it at just the right angle to fall between. No space for my grabber - too narrow. Not...
I am so tired.
It will be six weeks tomorrow. Saw my surgeon today and she is keeping me on hip precautions - as in 90 degrees maximum flexion and no crossing the midline with my operated leg - For. The. Rest. Of. My. Life. Damn. She says with the disorder that I have that causes...
And surgery #3 is complete. Mom's revision went well - she looked good at the hospital tonight. They found a torn ligament that they fixed, replaced the plastic liner, of the implant, realigned the ball and socket to prevent any more dislocations. She'll be in the hospital till Saturday then...
@Nemo The first week was difficult. I hired assistance from a Home Health Care Agency that is highly thought of in Seattle and it was a nightmare. They were taking five hour naps when they were supposed to be caring for me and failing to prepare meals so I fired them on the fourth day (they...
Thank you all for your kind words and support. It helps. And today one of my nephews thanked me for everything I'm doing for GPa and GMa which helped too (he has a 13 month old toddler and his wife is due this month with #2 so he is excused for not being available).
@Simpleme you are right...
I was on my own too. My suggestions: Go through every low cupboard and find the things you will need while you are recuperating and put them on a table/desk/kitchen counter. If you have a pet put their feeding area at table height (confused my kitties but they got use to it). Invest in a...
Hi @Jessicageb,
I actually am a therapist (though my speciality is with the kiddos). Remember that your body just experienced a major trauma. That it is for your benefit and was done by skillful surgeons, does not make it less of a trauma. Kind of like childbirth is a trauma, even though it...
@Jessicageb - I'm not medically trained so really have no idea. BUT, if you are worried enough to be "freaked out" call your surgeon. She/He would much rather hear from you now and tell you not to worry, then have to deal with an infected hip later. Besides, they get paid the big bucks - it...
Touch your toes?!! Way to go. I was going to suggest that it was getting towards summer and you could just decide to go without socks but then I remembered your in Scotland. About the same latitude and climate as Seattle so I guess we are both going to learn to put our socks on.
I don't know if it was an afternoon of wild spring abandon or if my kitties are equally tired of hip precautions but I came home tonight to everything strewn over the floor. My demin jacket hanging on the doorknob, on the floor. The extra long shoehorn, both lifters and my cane - on the floor...
Toddlermom - I am a Child Therapist who specializes in children (and their parents) from birth to third birthday. So I am on the floor with them and picking them up and doing all those interactive child things that you are doing. I had to convince my OS of the need for PT too. And that I...
Okay, are you all ready for the big announcement. This is big. I didn't think I could do it but I did. Today I used a regular height toilet, and, it didn't even have grab bars!!!!
I have been so afraid of using a regular toilet and getting stuck; having to have someone, say the fire...
@rhino1, I was reading your thread and just literally gasped when I came to the post about potentially splitting your femur. That sounded kind of nightmarish to me. So I am quite impressed with how calm you are staying, at least in your posts. I like that the surgeon took your scans to the...
Hi Scarlett,
Welcome. I'm a lifelong side sleeper. Well except that pre surgery my left hip just hurt to much to sleep on it. After surgery I was back sleeping on right hip at week two and left (operated) hip at week three. Big thick pillow between my legs to keep those hip precautions...
You can rides bikes this summer with your kids! Or take them to the beach and build Sand Castles or, or, or.....
There are so many possibilities. You just got the gift of a summer with your littles. Or two summers. While they are little. So awesome. Makes me want to do somersaults for you...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.