THR Jolts of pain 2 years after THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Sounds awful! I wish our bodies and our implants would hold together better, darn it. Sending you good wishes for coping with this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
They suggested managing pain and hope the implant gets looser so they don't have to split the femur to replace it.
Problem is - it will only get worse! Not sure why they are telling you to just grin and bear it. Can you get another opinion from a revision specialist as I suggested previously?
 
Hip revision is one of his specialties. I may have to see what the mayo clinic has available, seeing as I am only an hour away.
 
Mayo sounds good. It may be good to see someone totally not connected to your current OS. Please keep us updated.
 
@rhino1, I was reading your thread and just literally gasped when I came to the post about potentially splitting your femur. That sounded kind of nightmarish to me. So I am quite impressed with how calm you are staying, at least in your posts. I like that the surgeon took your scans to the conference and sought some consultation on how to proceed. Enjoy your North Country spring and summer.
 
@rhino1 since you are choosing to wait anyway, why not check out the Mayo clinic's revision team. Then you wouldn't 'wonder' later.........
 
I am now on he waiting list to see one of the Orthos at Mayo. I am curious to see how long this adventure takes.
 
Ohhhhh have been reading your story and my sympathy is with you September is a long time away.:thud:
 
Report from mayo affirms what previous 2 docs have said, loosening stem. At first they suggested to manage the pain and wait a little longer, I asked if there was a chance this would get better, the response was NO! I followed that up with, I not getting any younger, pain is not going away, lets fix this thing. December revision is scheduled at Mayo.
 
Way to go, @rhino1! Glad you have a revision scheduled, but too bad it is so far away. And I truly don't get why they suggested that you "manage the pain and wait a little longer". Do they not understand how debilitating your condition is, and how it isn't fun to take pain meds, and how they have side effects and often don't even work well? Love your response to them. Good luck in December.
 
Just received the go ahead from insurance company last night for surgery December 20th, Whew! Now I can have my revision and hope this journey can come to a pain free conclusion!
 
Wonderful news! Only 4 days, and you will be on your way to healing and recovery. Best wishes to you, Rhino!
 
Yeahhhh! Santa is bringing you a new hip! :santaclap: Well done @rhino1 !
 
@rhino1. Just picked up your thread there. I know a man in his 70s who had revision last year. He's flying now but he took things very easy for a long time. Your young like myself and I wouldn't relish revision at this stage but If a man 20 years older that you can make it through then I'm sure you will too.
I'll keep watching your progress.
Best wishes from Ireland for tomorrow.
Joe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom