Recent content by Nana757

  1. Nana757

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    What a wonderful surprise, to hear from you @beachgal! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well and your dear hubby has fully recovered from his surgery. I, like you, have not been on this site, in what seems like forever. So it is nice to hear from the "old crowd" every now and then...
  2. Nana757

    THR My recovery journey<

    Hi @Arlene56! It's great to hear from you. I'm sorry that you are now in pain, though. It sounds to me like you may have developed bursitis. What you described is exactly what I went through a few months after my THR. When I saw my OS, he said I had bursitis and sent me back to PT and gave...
  3. Nana757

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    That's good to hear....that it's eased up some. And great news about graduating to the cane. And, you are going to have some days when you think you're moving backwards. It happens to all of us at one point or another. Just be patient and take care of yourself by not overdoing it and resting...
  4. Nana757

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    I would suspect if it was related to your implant, you would be in the emergency room right now. You probably just pulled/stretched a little too far and those poor muscles, tendons, ligaments are screaming at you. Try not to worry too much and just rest, ice and elevate. Good luck to you.
  5. Nana757

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    So sorry to hear about your brother @Granny Di. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  6. Nana757

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Funny thing about that ITBand... I stopped going to PT, again, because I was getting worse rather than better. (Go figure) Went to my PCP and she gave me a dose of Prednisone. Took that for 5 days and started feeling improvement by the 3rd day. Then about a week of not so much.... but, now, I...
  7. Nana757

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Hi there @CricketHip and sorry to hear that you're looking at another THR. When I was getting all my X-rays and MRI for mine, the OS assured me that my other hip looked great and I needn't worry about it, except for the occasional bout of bursitis, which was great to hear. But, honestly, I'm...
  8. Nana757

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Oh my goodness @CricketHip! I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate misstep, but glad to hear the X-rays didn't show anything but a good seated implant. Hopefully, it's just a matter of resting, icing and meds, again. Keep us posted, my friend.
  9. Nana757

    THR Day 6 post op

    Hi @SEA! I'm glad to hear you got some needed sleep last night, even though it was only 4 hours. But, hey, it's better than it was, right? Just wanted to let you know that sleeping on one's back is a very common complaint for most of us hippies. I had so many pillows on my bed, it was...
  10. Nana757

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Sure hope it's nothing serious and there's an easy fix for it, @Granny Di. Keep us posted and I wish you well.
  11. Nana757

    THR Oct. 20,2016

    If you've already had TKR, then THR should be a cake walk for you (pun intended...:heehee:). I had posterior approach done, which included all those 90 degree restrictions, but healed quickly and was back walking without aides in 2 weeks. And, the fear and anxiety you are feeling now, is, by...
  12. Nana757

    THR Robimus

    @Robimus ... It has been decades since I've had a tetanus shot, as well. And, I was just talking about this subject last week with my PCP. She told me that the first "unclean" cut I got, get a tetanus shot immediately. In other words, if the cut is caused by anything dirty or rusty, get the...
  13. Nana757

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    :flwrysmile:What a wonderful update on your new hip. I am thrilled that you are totally back in the swing of things, but very sorry to hear about your DH and MIL. I hope by now, they are recovering nicely and your finger is healing. All that time spent in the hospital would have had me...
  14. Nana757

    THR rehab info

    Hi @MargaretMary! Just wanted to relay my experience when I had my THR over a year ago. I had a conversation with my OS and his coordinator regarding my wish to go directly to a rehab facility following my discharge. They were aware of the 3-night Medicare requirement and were more than...
  15. Nana757

    New here: THR scheduled for November

    The toilet riser with handles, that's pictured on @Medfordart link, is the exact same one I purchased. And, it was a godsend...and a whole lot cheaper than buying a new toilet. And, guess what?....I still have it...just took the handles off of it, when I didn't need them anymore. I just can't...
Back
Top Bottom