Recent content by muckingabout

  1. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    Merry Christmas all. Hope you are all still happily chugging along.
  2. muckingabout

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    Hi @Me2 :) still chugging along here. My daughters future father in law had a knee replacement on the 22nd, but I don't think he's much of a computer guy. Merry Christmas and I hope you're doing well.
  3. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    Here I am almost a year out, walking as far as I like, hiking, kayaking, doing lots of yoga. I'm popping in today because I went to Shakespeare in the Park last night. It's always the highlight of my summer and I had to skip it last year because walking across the uneven grassy surface was...
  4. muckingabout

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    @beachgal I'm coming up on my year next month and I still find new delights every day. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    We actually went kick boxing as a team builder for work. Yoga is more my thing. I go 3x a week. I'm still marveling at how easy it is to walk. I tromped from a friends's house to a coffee shop a mile away last week through poorly shoveled sidewalks:)
  6. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    I got my leg up as high as I was comfortable with, but I didn't impact the heavy bag. I also didn't want to jump rope, so they had me do something called mountain climbers.
  7. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    Hey everyone, Hope everyone is still enjoying their new hardware. I was working about the extreme cold. But no problem. And I went kick boxing for the first time this week.
  8. muckingabout

    How long does it really take to get back to work?

    I work at a desk. I was working from home at two weeks, gradually ramped up splitting home and office 4-6 weeks and back at the office full time at 6 weeks. The biggest issue for me was fatigue. But it had lifted before the six week mark.
  9. muckingabout

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    ~waving to the gang~ @catdemar I had my THR last August. I started yoga about a year before. The arm strength I gained was great for repositioning myself in bed the first few days and managing walking aids in the weeks after. The breathing techniques helped to calm me before and keep my lungs...
  10. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    @beachgal @Carriemay60 @NoraJ @grnplatebrd How goes it? I had my final ortho visit last week and he said, "Go put some miles on it!" Which is easy to do because I feel guilty if I go more than a day without working out. It's such a gift. I tried Zumba today which was fun even though I'm...
  11. muckingabout

    THR Happy for any advice!

    Glad you're plugging along!
  12. muckingabout

    Any yogis out there?

    I've been practicing for about a year. My THR was August 4 and I was back to yoga in 8 weeks with a caution to use common sense, take it show to see what I was comfortable with. I was fully released a couple of weeks ago and working to get my range of motion back (I mean because of my condition...
  13. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    I just noticed your question @grnplatebrd I'll be going to this: https://www.alternativebuffalo.com/The-Kerfuffle-Before-Christmas/20088029#.VGLKOH-9KSM
  14. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    So, I haven't checked in for a while. I still marvel every day at what I can do. This past weekend I went to a college production of Sweeney Todd on Friday night. Saturday I went to Target, Kohl's, a Rugby game and a went out to a club that night. Sunday we went to the mall. Before surgery, I...
  15. muckingabout

    THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

    @beachgal The drive was no problem at all and the reunion was a lot of fun. I met some close friends for dinner first. One came from Washington, one from Vermont and one from Maryland. I went back to PT this week and they had me fill out an updated survey. I didn't realize that I had been...
Back
Top Bottom