Recent content by MsFit1

  1. MsFit1

    THR Ready for the blessings coming my way...

    You are very welcome @younghippie ! Best of luck to you and keep in touch!
  2. MsFit1

    THR Ready for the blessings coming my way...

    @younghippie, sorry I didn't go into much detail before and I suspect my crown was probably a lot more involved than your procedure, and maybe that's why I was given the antibiotics for a longer period of time. I have very complicated dental/gum issues, and both my oral surgeon AND my dentist...
  3. MsFit1

    THR Ready for the blessings coming my way...

    Hi @younghippie! So glad to hear how well your hip is doing. I've also had both hips done and I'm so glad I did! Anyway, I also had to have new crown since my hip surgery, and not only did the oral surgeon have me take antibiotics prior to the procedure because of the hip replacement, but he...
  4. MsFit1

    Ms.Fit's goin' for it again - hip #2!

    Hi there Joan @gazelle7777 ! Yes, to me that makes more sense to have physical therapy after you've had some healing and recovery time. As I was mentioning in my post above to Jaycey, my doctor started me immediately on PT right after I got home, so I guess it is the doctor's preference as...
  5. MsFit1

    Ms.Fit's goin' for it again - hip #2!

    Hi @Jaycey ! I've been thinking of you.... :friends: Anyway, I don't know if it's the way the insurance works here or if it's the doctor's orders - but the physical therapist came out the day after I arrived home, and she's visited me everyday since (except the weekend). She would make sure I...
  6. MsFit1

    Ms.Fit's goin' for it again - hip #2!

    Ouch! @Carriemay60 ... I felt that slap! :heehee: My husband also told me I was doing a little too much. It's just that I feel like I should be "doing something". I know I just had major surgery, but since I'm not in any real pain I feel a little guilty for lying down in the middle of the day...
  7. MsFit1

    Surgery getting close starting to have anxiety.

    Hi @hzootz try not to be too anxious - before you know it you'll be on the happy road to recovery! Having hip surgery was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm 8 days post-op from my second surgery (first hip was done in May) and doing great. You'll be so happy when you can resume all...
  8. MsFit1

    THR Long, Long Wait - Rhonda K's Recovery

    Hooray! It must feel great to be staple free! :dancy:
  9. MsFit1

    THR Gazelle's A-Z - Anterior Hip Replacement Recovery Thread

    Hi @gazelle7777 and @Jaycey ! :wowspring:7 days out! We've made it ! So glad to hear how well you all are doing! :loveshwr:
  10. MsFit1

    Ms.Fit's goin' for it again - hip #2!

    Hi @Jaycey and all my other bonesmarties ! Thanks so much for checking in. I'm feeling pretty perky! I cannot believe that yesterday was my one week anniversary since surgery - it seems like it was so long ago. Yesterday the physical therapist had me do some resistance band exercises, and she...
  11. MsFit1

    Ms.Fit's goin' for it again - hip #2!

    Hi there @hopefulm! If I can be of any help, or if there's anything you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask. Bonesmart is a great way to connect with others who have gone through the all the same things that you have, and it's a great comfort to have the support that everyone offers...
  12. MsFit1

    THR Happy for any advice!

    Hi @Carriemay60 do you also have a heating pad at home? My physical therapist suggested that I get one for home use, and it's wonderful! Glad you're doing better and sending you healing hugs :console2: xxx
  13. MsFit1

    THR Happy for any advice!

    I would think that all that twisting around for your xrays could definitely cause pain! And doing exercises, even though they are gentle, could make you very sore when your body is not used to them. Take it easy, and hopefully continuing to ice periodically will help you feel much better.
  14. MsFit1

    Ms.Fit's goin' for it again - hip #2!

    Hi @Rhonda K , yes @Jaycey is absolutely correct, every surgery and every recovery is different. You're exactly where you're supposed to be! There's certainly no need to rush. The physical therapist has me doing some very simple exercises like heel slides, quad sets, standing calf raises...
  15. MsFit1

    THR Bionic Jaycey checking in!

    I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing so soon after surgery @Jaycey ! All the best to you and Jerry xxxx
Back
Top Bottom