Surgery getting close starting to have anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to everyone who has sent good vibs my way... lots to do today and tomorrow! Last minute things to prepare for my recovery at home...:flwrysmile: Surgery check in time at 7:30 AM Tuesday... hope to return home Wednesday. I will try to start my recovery thread Tuesday morning on way to hospital... and again check in with you all once I get into my hospital room after surgery.:chillpill: Joan:SUNsmile:
 
2 weeks from total I get my new hip. Starting to "nest". Kind of feel like a pregnant woman getting the house in order before the big event. Looking forward to being able to sleep thru the night without pain.
@gazelle7777 hope all went well on Tuesday. All the best during recovery.
 
@craftdee......good luck tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about your progress. I am 4 sleeps behind you. I'll be thinking about you.
 
Hi @hzootz !
I had my surgery in Roanoke, where are you having yours?
Your date is coming along quickly. You will be so happy to have this new hip. :yes:
 
Hi @MajorHeidi Having it done at Augusta Health in Fishersville. How have you made out? All good I hope.
 
Hi @hzootz Yes, I am approaching the six month mark.
I had a super fast recovery and did really well; but, probably overdid it recently.....
I was diagnosed with bursitis in the op hip about 10 days ago. I have rested (doing nothing), and
today started walking again and feel good. Whew!

Any questions you have?
 
@hzootz, just wanted to add my assurances to others who tell you that it will be life-changing surgery for you. You'll be amazing at how "absent" that old hip pain is immediately after surgery. You'll have to be smart and follow all the OS orders but it will prepare you and your new hip for fun days ahead. You'll be doing things you had subconsciously given up through the decline of your hip without even realizing it! Stay positive and encouraged!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Surgery getting close starting to have anxiety.
@hzootz, I'm a little late with this, but so pleased that you joined us here on the forum. I also see that we have not given you the BoneSmart required reading list for future hippies. You may very well have read all the articles, but you are entitled to your very own list to be able to easily access. So here goes---

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Constipation and stool softeners
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home

The articles are not lengthy, and will answer a lot of your questions. Also, don't hesitate to check the library for many other excellent informative articles.

As I'm sure you now know, we are here to help in any way we can: answering questions and concerns; supporting and encouraging you from start to finish; giving you a place to vent, whine, complain if you need to; sharing experiences with one another; and having fun and some laughs along the way.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Hi @hzootz try not to be too anxious - before you know it you'll be on the happy road to recovery! Having hip surgery was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm 8 days post-op from my second surgery (first hip was done in May) and doing great. You'll be so happy when you can resume all the activities you used to do - pain-free!
 
Just found this site today. I'm two days behind you @hzootz, my RTHR is Friday October 17th.
I had both Decompression surgery done on both hips in 1997 and they told me then I'd be back for THR in 10 to 12 years (its been 14 now). Can't take the pain and my employer won't let me use my cane any more. Can't wait to play Golf again! My estimate of coming back to work in 3 to 6 weeks might be too agressive after reading some of these posts and links. Well, nevertheless, here we go!
 
@billg078 we are here for you. Lots of great people and info. Good luck I am in my 1 week countdown.
 
Hzootz ....see you are having your surgery this next week. Just want to wish you well! You were so nice on both my pre and post op threads I want to extend good wishes to you:flwrysmile: See you on the other side with the rest of us Hippys! Joan:SUNsmile:
 
Good luck everyone....we will all be waiting to hear about your recoveries ....! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom