Recent content by Moone

  1. Moone

    TKR TKR Left Knee June 21, 2021

    I'm 13 wks and get them now. More exercise and if I've been on my bike. Hot shower helos and gentle stretching is good and slowing down when needed...
  2. Moone

    TKR 17 months out soft tissue problem with TKR

    @Sanmar I am sorry to hear things are so hard for you. Don't despair and give your body time to adjust. I have had back knee pain, instability and that pinch in the corner. I pushed and then slid backwards,shaking my confidence. I've had to find myself and kinda start again. Find what you...
  3. Moone

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    @Mary14 I totally understand - I'm now 13wks and feel i went backwards. I thought i was doing all the right things too. Have good flexibility and did my exercises, pushed to walk. Then go to 1 crutch and I pushed too far. I've had knee checked and it is fine. But my body said it had enough...
  4. Moone

    MUA 7 months post TKR still struggling to walk

    @KatieK thanks for commenting, I have been thinking of walker with seat so I could perhaps sit if I need? Thanks for the link. Definitely a challenging journey!
  5. Moone

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    @JamesAB thanks so much. Yes seems a long journey- back at you. Best of luck now and in the future!
  6. Moone

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    I hear your frustration with walking but sounds as though you have had more to deal with. I too, struggle to walk, now 10wks almost 11, still shuffling on two crutches, not leaving the house much. I am trying to do strengthening exercises and bike as much as I can. I have also been practicing...
  7. Moone

    MUA 7 months post TKR still struggling to walk

    I have just been catching up with this. Totally feel for you and think, as well, maybe too much pushing for your body to handle? I am only 10 weeks but early on followed advice to keep pushing, go down to one crutch, lots of bike, exercise. My body rebelled! My operated knee started bucking and...
  8. Moone

    TKR Really struggling

    One thing I have learnt is everyone's journey is different. I agree, it sounds you are doing too much. Some of us take a longer road. I am 9 weeks after and still struggling to walk - I think I was set back by doing too much too soon. Give yourself and your body a break. Smaller more often...
  9. Moone

    Revised PKR to TKR Sore shoulder

    I am sorry for your stress and extra surgery. Take it minute by minute - this will fix things and you will be ok. We all have challenges- you will be up to yours. Wishing you well
  10. Moone

    TKR Recovery Week 7 - June 9.2021

    Thank you for your comments. I'm still not back where I was but feel slightly better. Am not even trying our step at the moment as find it too stressful! Bum shuffled out of the house, short walks up and down the drive and nice sitting outdoors. Anxiety still a big part of this, and my good leg...
  11. Moone

    TKR Recovery Week 7 - June 9.2021

    Thanks @Ghostpipe appreciate the comment and good advice. Before this 'bad turn' I did find upslope felt ok and could feel my knee working. Down has always been a problem. I will work on it. At the moment I can't even do a step with crutches! I can see it will take a lot of time, work and...
  12. Moone

    TKR Recovery Week 7 - June 9.2021

    Thank you @Atkins and @kneeper I really appreciate your words and advice. Yes these are on my list but might up these exercises a bit. Have noticed improvement with exercises - everything but walking. Can I ask about walking method? Putting it out there for everyone? Have heard some mention...
  13. Moone

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    Totally agree early years, understand how things get in your head but you're really doing awesome. Give it time and keep plugging away I am sure you will get there!
  14. Moone

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    Wow what a miraculous recover. Trying not to feel jealous, am glad things going well for you
  15. Moone

    TKR Recovery Week 7 - June 9.2021

    Would still love any tips overcoming anxiety particularly down steps? I am 9 wks since op and back on 2 crutches. My operated knee still buckles and scares me. The other knee is weak(future op?) and am distressed it won't hold either. Have limited myself to staying inside walking the hallway...
Back
Top Bottom