MUA 7 months post TKR still struggling to walk

I am so thankful for bonesmart as when I see my PT person before the surgery which my surgeon set up I will find out what is expected and I WILL BE SURE to set the record straight about how far I will go based on what I have learned here.
 
@KatieK thanks for commenting, I have been thinking of walker with seat so I could perhaps sit if I need? Thanks for the link. Definitely a challenging journey!
 
My surgeon finally got back to me after reviewing my MRI. He said there is an infusion causing fluid build up and a strain on my popliteus muscle. Need to do exercises to build up that muscle and he is putting me back on Celebrex. I don't want to go back to PT sessions, any tips on light exercises to build up the popliteus muscle?
 
He said there is an infusion causing fluid build up and a strain on my popliteus muscle.
First you need to get the swelling and inflammation down, ice and elevation will help.
The popliteus muscle is important during the gait cycle with locking and un locking the knee.
Even though you do not want to go to PT, a gait assessment with a PT can help pinpoint where the muscle is working or not working. Then they will be able to prescribe an appropriate exercise/walking program for you to facilitate normal function of the popliteus muscle.
If you were not happy with your last PT ask for someone else or go to another clinic. You can ask who is the best person for gait assessment when you call for an appointment.
 
Back
Top Bottom