Recent content by mla925

  1. mla925

    Looking Ahead

    @swmrgirl - I think you will find this week will fly by! If I may suggest, put yourself first starting now. Focus on the things that will make it easier for you when you get home. I had my stack of pillows on the bed waiting for my arrival, and a basket of necessities including a notepad and...
  2. mla925

    Set my date for Oct 21, a few questions

    @webbie73 - Knitting/crocheting is my favorite hobby. I thought I would be able to get quite a bit done on a shawl project during recovery but I didn't have my concentration back until week 3 or so. Magazine reading (and dozing!) was my top leisure activity for the first few weeks. Regarding...
  3. mla925

    Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Pre-OP

    This reminds me of one of the funny moments. My husband (who freely admits to being domestically challenged) made a big deal about making dinner one night my first week home "from start to finish". After a long shopping trip and lots of noise from the kitchen I was served grilled burgers with a...
  4. mla925

    Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Pre-OP

    Getting ready: right before my surgery date I got all the routine tasks out of the way such as laundry and bill paying so I could be "carefree" during my first weeks of recovery. I followed up with the durable equipment company to get my CPM, crutches and walker delivered at my convenience. I...
  5. mla925

    Set my date for Oct 21, a few questions

    Webbie - I crossed the 6 week mark last Thursday and I feel like I've had a good recovery. I'm not using any devices to assist my walking, but my pace is still slow. I think sitting for the length of a game would be difficult for me. Not sure how comfortable a wheelchair might make it. But I...
  6. mla925

    To replace or not to .... Is it time

    @bigaz Glad you found Bonesmart! Many folks here with great knowledge and personal experience, and you will certainly get support, opinions and help from this group. In my case, I had a knee injury from a car accident when I was 19 that resulted in having my medial meniscus removed. I was...
  7. mla925

    Preparing for Surgery Oct. 21

    My tub is slightly textured and this one has adhered, and absolutely not slippery. I have it in almond which is opaque and feels "squishier" underfoot than a clear one (different brand) in our other tub. Slip-X Solutions Extra Long Vinyl Bath Mat Blue, 39" long by 16" wide...
  8. mla925

    Injured knee---seeking guidence

    I had OrthroVisc injections three times in the past couple of years. The first round gave me immediate and complete relief for almost six months. Slowly the pain returned and I eventually returned for Round Two. Again, complete relief, but the complete relief didn't last as long. The Third Round...
  9. mla925

    Preparing for Surgery Oct. 21

    My Amazon Prime membership was well used as I got ready for my TKR. I got a "toilet frame" that gives me something to hold on to and push off from in the bathroom. While I'm now done with the walker, crutches, walking sticks (rather than a cane), this is an item is still am grateful for daily...
  10. mla925

    Looking Ahead

    Hi @swmrgirl ... John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek. Staff and facility were great! And very happy with my OS.
  11. mla925

    What to Expect for Pain?

    Prior to surgery, my pain was a consistent 4 with every step, every day. Immediately after surgery, and day 1 there was little pain because of the femoral block, morphine pump and prescribed meds that were delivered on time around the clock. Day 2 I let the pain get ahead of me (turned down a...
  12. mla925

    TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

    @Gojennygo - I have no answers for you, but I am looking forward to the answers you get. I'm 4 weeks post LTKR, doing well walking and on stairs, but also have significant pain with twisting of any sort. My most uncomfortable time is sleeping. I don't naturally sleep on my back, and any attempt...
  13. mla925

    TKR Over did it

    Pumpkinseed - so sorry for your disappointment and stress. Certainly time to find a new OS now. Start with your PCP, but do research on your own for an OS that is experienced AND caring.
  14. mla925

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Your incision looks so straight! Mine has a distinct curve to it. Glad the staples came out easily. May the hematoma resolve just as easily. Did your doctor give you any insight on that matter?
  15. mla925

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Getting the staples out was not painful for me. I chatted through the entire event with the PA. Afterwards the entire area felt more relaxed. I think you will feel more comfortable once the staples are out.
Back
Top Bottom