Looking Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
@copsham, the waiting is difficult, but I have to say that the time is going quickly. Next week is my last full week at work, so there's plenty to keep me busy. Swimming is wonderful and I hope to get back into the pool ASAP after surgery. The recliner is so nice and comfy, glad I have it. I never thought I'd own one, but I have a feeling I'll be spending lots of time in it, since the second knee will get fixed in spring.
Julie
 
Hey Ref - I'm amazed that you didn't have GA for BTKR especially. Makes me feel fine about the spinal. My OS doesn't normally do BTKRs, which is fine by me. Thanks for sharing the info @referee54. I'm so impressed with how great your knees are now and how active your life is. There's hope for me too!
 
Hey Julie, I'm living in my recliner. It's great for me. I found myself buying 10ft long charging cords for iPad and iPhone so I can move around without unplugging them. Good luck with your prep. The surgery was easier than I imagined.
 
My last week at work before surgery, and boy, am I having a hard time focusing... I have so much to do! I made a list and am ticking things off one by one, but it's a quite a challenge. Any ideas for getting through the week?
Julie
 
:wave:Lists! Lots of lists!
I have to tell you, I put this off for 5 yrs, had 45 Supartz ( gel ) injections. I finally gave up when my knee crapped out on me in Belgium at the beginning of a 10 day trip and river cruise! I expected excruciating pain after surgery. I was VERY pleasantly surprised ! I have had a few painful days, but mostly just tightness from swelling. Which, of course, translates into pain of sorts, but not nearly what I dreaded! I thought rotator cuff recovery was much worse! The only thing that I was not prepared for ( since I only found Bonesmart 2 wks into recovery) was the lack of energy. After reading that it was normal, I rested, elevated, iced and got over it! I'm at 11 wks today and my new knee feels so much better than my "old" one! You'll do great! And we will all be waiting on the "other" side to cheer you along!
 
I finally got my head out of the clouds this afternoon, and was able to accomplish quite a lot. It helps to talk about it on the forum, and keeping my sense of humor about the whole thing is gold! :heehee:
 
@swmrgirl - I think you will find this week will fly by! If I may suggest, put yourself first starting now. Focus on the things that will make it easier for you when you get home. I had my stack of pillows on the bed waiting for my arrival, and a basket of necessities including a notepad and pen (I kept having great ideas or questions and then would lose the thought) by the recliner. And if you have time, pick up a few special things for you to enjoy when you get home ... pick up a few magazines you love, some favorite treats you won't have to share and maybe a pair of extra soft, extra nice pajamas. You deserve some pampering!!
 
:iagree: I also worked right up until the day before. Teaching was the only time I didn't think about the surgery.
 
I worked diligently the night before surgery to get all of my essays graded. The lessons plans were all made out, but I knew, somewhere in the back of my mind, that I would not be in much shape to grade essays (or anything, for that matter) in the weeks following my BTKR.
 
I'll be working until Monday (the day before surgery), so I feel like I'll have things mostly tied up by then. I hired a temp to hold down the fort while I'm out. I had a melt-down with the boss today, and she was extremely understanding, and I felt like an idiot. Oh humanness, there doesn't seem to be much room for it at the office.
 
Hi All,
Tomorrow is knee #2. I'll be glad when the waiting is over. Not too nervous, just ready to be one the other side. Good luck to all of you having TKRs in the coming weeks. See you soon!
 
And Good Luck to you!! I'm sure we will all be thinking positive thoughts about you. There is a big group of us in April and I know I look at the list every day to see who has graduated.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you and praying for the best results possible! Tomorrow will be my 9 mon anniversary and my road has been moderately simple. Maybe it will bring you "luck"!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom