Recent content by Minpins

  1. M

    Bilateral TKR MUA suggested 8 weeks out -please advise

    Please,please, call your dr you are definitely in bad space to say it lightly I too struggle with pain control but not as deeply as your situation and my ortho actually blows me off I feel but I take oxy 5 mg when I call for refill boy last time not good attitude and this being only 2 wks after...
  2. M

    Bilateral TKR MUA suggested 8 weeks out -please advise

    It's hard to suggest to someone what the right thing is for their recovery I've learned from my own exp. Had rtkr 2 months later mua suggested I read both sides from this site chose to listen to dr who is very good and yes it went well so of course I'm like we'll ok I did right thing. May 6...
  3. M

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Hi Janae yes had manip Thursday went well I guess he got like 138 lol but I don't fool myself now the rest is up to me. Very swollen and sore so ice,ice,ice and more ice with elevation. Am staying at my sisters where it is quiet and they are taking good care of me which is not what would happen...
  4. M

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Oh well manip scheduled for thurs not scared been thru before but discouraged. I do believe though that I am a candidate for this my left knee is just stuck truly I am so sore between both knees I feel a mess! Definitely suffering the blues lots of crying I do believe that the meds play a big...
  5. M

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Well my pt is hinting he thinks that a manip. is in my near future, I am still going to give it another couple of weeks I did have one with my other knee and I guess other than starting all over again in pain I'm not afraid they do make you feel disappointed in yourself or try anyway I do not...
  6. M

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    I cannot wait to sleep in my normal position I'm just so uncomfortable sometimes all around, you know just can't find that right spot or position. I get up sit, lay down I drive myself crazy, I cry mostly in the mornings just thinking about the day ahead and then talk myself up. I'm a really...
  7. M

    TKR Accidental manipulation

    Actually still pretty sore but ironically they think I need a legit one I did have one for rtkr but I am begging off for now and am going to try to work on my pt a little more religiously,I will admit I am a horrible patient :tada: I said it out loud lol. Paula Thanks
  8. M

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    My LTKR May 6th I am a terrible patient lol, had my right one in Oct. Required manip. for first knee. Has been suggested already for this one but am putting it off I, do not do all those highly suggested dos and donts of recovery, completely my fault. My worst offense I do not rest and...
  9. M

    TKR Accidental manipulation

    Oh my language was colorful lol. You know for me this second knee has been emotionally worse on me. My first time its the unknown but now I have used up my patience very emotional wondering if I'll ever feel good physically or emotionally again. Being honest with myself I know I have a ways to...
  10. M

    TKR Accidental manipulation

    Well I can tell you the shock is unbeliavable you are in the process and can't stop it lol. I never thought of something snapping Ik the knees are super strong but holy cow it's a good thing they are. I did sit for about 20 minutes on stairs my family didn't know what to do or say so of course...
  11. M

    TKR Accidental manipulation

    Definitely still in pain as well as swollen more. That certainly is something I hope I DON'T do again lol. Icing, icing and icing feel like I did when I first came home ugh! Oh well thank GOD I didn't fall! Thanks :spin:
  12. M

    TKR Accidental manipulation

    Of course I'm kidding I've been home 3 wks ltkr. 2 days ago took a stair like I could walk normally and BAM I can't even begin to explain the pain except to say yes a manip without any anesthesia. Now I lay here iced and elevated and of course medicated I'm so upset with myself I was doing...
  13. M

    TKR surgery Oct 22 and I am already feeling guilty

    I read this forum everyday but I never feel like writing which is probably not a good idea how else do you get help and hope? First knee done oct 22 2012 second may 6 2013 can't help but compare even though it doesn't help the situation. First knee long time to get around and still having some...
  14. M

    TKR surgery Oct 22 and I am already feeling guilty

    Thanks Mary idk if she disbelieves me she points out i have been on pain meds for a while and I said yes Ik so that's part of the problem. I have always required higher doses have had problems with my anesthesia at one time actually felt a scalpel cut being made by the surgeon, the...
  15. M

    TKR surgery Oct 22 and I am already feeling guilty

    Very hard to see. I believe I am on what my dr considers enough pain meds which is 3 oxycodone every 3 hrs. Those are 5 mg and as needed 1 tramadol every 4 hrs as needed but my pain tolerance is low I guess because even with that I can feel some excruciating pain seemingly deep inside the knee...
Back
Top Bottom