Recent content by meewee

  1. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    I'm doing better every day. ROM has improved and I'm in less pain and getting better sleep so maybe this is the start of my complete recovery. I'm being patient and consistent with gentle exercises, stretches, and workouts at home and at PT. Thanks for all the encouragement! I think we're...
  2. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    Wow, I need to find a place to get some water exercise! Thanks for listing your exercises. It sounds wonderful and effective. I'll only be able to go after work or on the weekend, but I am determined to find a place close to home. There are a couple of rec centers nearby and I'm going to...
  3. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    @Threads. Glad you are on the mend. I have a friend with RLS and that is quite difficult to live with. Hope you find some relief. Thanks for the encouragement for my MUA. I am glad I made that choice and look forward to continued improvement. It's cold here in Utah! I loved hearing about your...
  4. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    Bilateral MUA yesterday morning went well. My OS said there were many adhesions and much scar tissue which would likely have made it impossible for me to make further progress on my own. The procedure was short and I came out of recovery encouraged. The pain is definitely there but manageable...
  5. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    @Threads. Thanks so much for the support. My double MUA is scheduled for 6:00 am Monday and I am very hopeful this will help me progress to normal ROM. Tomorrow I will try to just relax and get plenty of rest. BTKR 29 Sept 2014
  6. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    What a wonderful Week 10 report! 120 degrees flexion sounds heavenly, and extension is almost there! What an inspiration and the result of lots of patience and hard work. I haven't tried any pool therapy, but it sounds like a good way to make progress and will see what my OS has to say. I'm...
  7. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    Thanks for the nice comments on my thread! It sounds like your adventure has gone fairly smoothly but it certainly is not for the faint of heart! I was out of touch for awhile and now that I'm back at work it's easier to catch up using the pc instead of iphone :) I can relate to the sleep...
  8. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    Referee54, Thanks for the advice. Would you suggest I visit another OS for a 2nd opinion then?
  9. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    One additional note: After hearing I had to have gall bladder surgery, many people have mentioned to me or my family that major surgery sometimes causes trauma to other organs, and it is not rare to have gall bladder (in particular) surgery after another surgery. Have you found this to be...
  10. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    Help! Need advice about MUA. I'm continuing to recover from BTKR on Sept 29th. It has been a rough ride for me but I'm still (tentatively) glad I made the choice to get it done. Just call it Murphy's Law, but it seems like I've had many of the "fine print" issues, and now need to make a...
  11. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    Hi Everyone! I still can't access the button to change the title on this recovery thread, so if one of you folks will change it to "Meewee's new knees" that would be great. Update, I'm at 20 days post surgery and got home from rehab last Weds. Thanks for all the hints on transitioning home! I...
  12. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    Thanks everyone for the great advice and support. I'm scheduled to go home from rehab in a few days and look forward to bring able to use the tablet for easier communication than this iPhone. My mind is still a bit fuzzy from the meds but I feel fortunate and blessed to have all this technology...
  13. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    Post op day 11. I'm doing better with each day. I was struggling with the side effects of all the pain pills. The constipation and back pain were intense and it was exhausting and discouraging. The rehab personnel were very good at giving me meds to help and finally yesterday afternoon things...
  14. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    @lunula. I tore my left ACL in 1985 and had scope surgery back in the "early". The first surgery was not done well and another had to go back and correct it. I also had an MUA -and the latest was a clean-up scope about 6 yrs ago. It was very arthritic, and 4-5 spurs and just had deteriorated...
  15. meewee

    Bilateral TKR Meewee's New Knees

    Hello everyone! I finally transferred to rehab yesterday afternoon (10-4-14) and have my iPhone but have been unable to figure out how to start a post op thread. The meds are doing their job but have made me quite loopy! This morning is the first I've been able to read texts or anything with...
Back
Top Bottom