Hello everyone (or those of you who remember me) it's been awhile since i have posted. My Rt. total knee is now 9 months old and my Lt. total knee is a little over 3 months old. Rt. knee is just about normal (no pain or swelling) but stiffness continues with ROM at 120/0.
Lt. knee still has...
Anthi, I really admire you for having both knee done at the same time! wow !
I had both knees done 6 months apart and that was about all I could handle:flabber:
hoping that your leg swelling improves with more elevation and :ice:
Keep up the pain meds and icing, you are in the very early stages of recovery and healing will take quite some time as most total kneers here have posted. Just take one day at a time and be patient :console2:
i'm not from NJ but the Midwest...I have Federal Insurance and they covered 90% of my bill which was around 60,000 dollars including hospital ( 24 hr stay) and Dr. bill.
@sistersinhim
I'v also experienced some problems with my new knee slightly giving out and catching at times (a little scary) I'm told it's a weakness in the quad muscle like you mentioned, so I'm working on that. I can go up the stairs one foot at a time (slowly) but going down is another...
210 lb leg presses sound like way too much:flabber:....please take it easy, your knee is still trying to heal and you don't want to slow down that process.
Welcome sbethke
You are not alone on this TKR journey, pain is always an issue in the beginning and can usually start on day one or a few days later. Mine was day two for both my knees and the only pain med that actually helped was OXY /Tylenol every 4 hours, I think I took this combo for a...
Hi Suz,
Thinking of you and glad your sister is improving, she certainly has a journey of her own :angel:
Sending good thoughts and prayers, how is your knee holding up??
Hi Marian,
Oh how I remember those nights after a long work day and I could not get comfortable and sleep eluded me, my knee hurt like the dickens too (this was all before my TKR) I found that applying one of those Salonpas pain relieving patches right before bed time sometimes did the trick...
Hi Marian,
I always get a laugh reading your posts...especially about the big family wedding :snork: I'v been to a few just like that :heehee:
I hope you find out about a surgery date for Rusty at your next appt... you are such a trooper, but I think you work way way too much, please take it...
Hi Clara,
Glad things are getting better for you! I loved your Crispy Cat...every time I stand up from a sitting or laying down position, I feel like I have to go through the same moves before I get going :groan:
Hi TML
Its not even been four weeks for you yet, no wonder you are so exhausted. I'm now 7 weeks post op with my L TKR and I need a nap every day about 2pm as my knee reminds me! I get energy drain big time :flabber:
My R TKR says lets keep going and my L TKR says: are you kidding?? :heehee:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.