Recent content by maddoxsmama

  1. maddoxsmama

    TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

    Thinking about you Toothfairy. Soon you will be on the road to recovery. Hugs and warm wishes being sent your way.
  2. maddoxsmama

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Ready Just dropping in to see how you are doing. I am sure you are busy busy since the school year is now underway. So glad to read that your knees have been cooperating and that you are already almost three months post op. Time sure does fly, doesn't it. I am now a little over 4 months...
  3. maddoxsmama

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Heidi So good to hear that your knee is doing so great. I am a little over four months post op and I know what you are talking about. Every day it seems to get better and better and I almost feel like I am back to normal (or as close as I have ever been). :heehee: I actually get busy doing...
  4. maddoxsmama

    How have you managed to cope?

    As I think back on my surgery, I know I had my husband, family and friends for their continued help and support in so many ways. But probably the thing that helped and supported me the most was this Bonesmart site. I read all the articles before my surgery so I was very knowledgeable about...
  5. maddoxsmama

    Surgery Sept. 5

    Welcome to Bonesmart!! If you have questions, I am sure that someone on here has the answers. Read the articles, follow the threads, and ask any questions you have. Being prepared and knowing what to expect will make your knee journey so much easier.
  6. maddoxsmama

    Countdown to Oct. 3

    Welcome!! You have come to the right place. Read the articles, follow the threads and ask any questions you may have. All us Bonesmarties are more than willing to share with you and give you support as you take this journey. You will be so glad you found us!! Best of luck with your surgery!!
  7. maddoxsmama

    Expectations

    With time and a lot of patience, you will be back to doing your exercising and your yoga. I am 4 months post op and cannot wait to start yoga again. Have talked to my yoga teacher and I am going to start doing a modified version next month. Not sure I can get on my knees and do those...
  8. maddoxsmama

    Counting down to my first TKR on September 23

    Welcome! You have made the decision and now you are on your way to living without your knees being in control of your life. Recovery is a slow process but since you have found Bonesmart, you will do fine. Just read and follow the articles and the threads and take the advice and encouragement...
  9. maddoxsmama

    New Doc - New Hope?

    Good luck with the new OS. Hopefully, he will be able to help you.
  10. maddoxsmama

    TKR Time to Veg Out!

    landoz Hi!!!! Posted you a reply but posted it on my recovery thread instead of yours!! Guess my knee is getting better but not so sure about my brain!!!
  11. maddoxsmama

    TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

    Hi everyone!! Just thought I would post the latest. Went to my OS appointment yesterday. X rays looked great, scar looks great, walking without a limp and bending and straightening are good. Such a good report that I do not have to go back for a 6 month checkup. Don't go back until next...
  12. maddoxsmama

    TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

    Hi Kathy So good to hear from you and to know that you and your knee are doing well. All of us start to get back into the swing of things and we don't have the time to post like we used to. So glad you are doing so good. I keep in touch with Barb (Eastside 85). We talk or text almost every...
  13. maddoxsmama

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Ready Sounds like you are having a fantastic recovery. Obviously, you learned how to do it correctly the first time!! Glad you are progressing and each day is getting both your knees closer to "normal". Summer is winding down and being a retired school teacher, I always get a little...
  14. maddoxsmama

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    If you feel like sleeping, do so. Those long nights with little sleep will definitely catch up with you. Sleep whenever you can. Your body and knee need that restful sleep so that it can heal. I am 3 1/2 months post op and still have stiffness--especially when rainy weather moves in. I just...
  15. maddoxsmama

    LTKR then RTKR 6 weeks later

    Welcome!! Words can't describe how helpful this Forum is to anyone facing knee replacement. Take the time to read all the library articles and follow threads. Luckily, I found this Forum about a month before my surgery and I spent many, many hours reading and reading. I am now 3 1/2 months...
Back
Top Bottom