You're not wrong Sara - the enforced rest has in many respects been a Godsend, and I think now he knows that it's not uncommon for the "good" knee to act up for a while, it will settle him down a bit.
Oh Lord, yes - the wine was beautifully chilled and with a refreshing spritz of fizz which I...
Thanks for the replies, guys. It's reassuring to know from people who've experienced it themselves. I've passed them on to OH and it has given him a better feeling about things. He's been really good, but I can tell it's been getting him down on top of "staying safe at home."
Sara, lol...
Well, OH is still doing well notwithstanding no follow up physio, and his operated knee is healing well. The problem is with his formerly "good" knee which has become increasingly painful and hot. He's wearing his knee brace on it but nightimes are worst and he has very restless nights...
Oh Defender. It's awful that you're in so much pain and being very much fobbed off. I guess given the current lockdown it's affecting everything but your knee looks sore and painful. I really hope the antibiotics work. Sending you a hug to help keep your spirits up. :friends:
OH has had no word at all about his next appointment but we're not worried. From what we've read on here, things will keep progressing naturally which should be just fine as things go. :flwrysmile:
Defender - surgeons are brilliant. They can enable us to recover mobility. But only our bodies can tell us how much, how far and precisely when. All of these experiences will be different. Don't be discouraged. Instead be encouraged by each measurable step. They are there. :cheers:
Ouch, Lindylee!! Am so sorry you fell. It must have felt very painful after the initial shock. Am So glad someone was there and kind enough to help you.
Also hope that everyone is managing to get by in such worrying times. Sending warm thoughts to everyone. Its very cold where we are but...
My husband fell and knocked himself out on his first day home - 3rd day after surgery. Landed awkwardly, but he didn't damage his knee either. You're bound to be apprehensive. Not all PT's are the same. I think it might be worth asking if you can switch. I hope you're feeling more...
My OH has had shin pain too, and it seems quite common. Elevation seems to help him and I would give it a try. As Sara61 has said, gentle massage with an emollient cream is also helpful.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.